What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

You take a shot on a deer and are sure it was a perfect shot. After 30 minutes you get out if your blind and about 10 yards from the arrow you see this. What do you do?
    Attached Files

We called that stuff snake spit when I was a kid. I have no idea what it actually is but unless it is something else you think came from the deer then I would ignore and continue on

Comment

Keep looking for blood or things related to a deer that has been shot.

Comment

Not deer related.

What does the arrow look like?

Comment

I'd just pick it up and put it back on my pie where meringue belongs.

Comment

Keep looking for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Snake spit. Has nothing to do with the deer.

I’m sure it isn’t really snake spit but that is what my Paw Paw told me it was. You need to go look for the deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Snake Spit By Mike Farley   As a young boy, I often heard the words “snake spit” used to describe frothy white spittle on lower plant stems. Never knowing whether this was true or not I cast c…

Comment

Spittle bug does that.

Comment

Actually, not snake spit. See that water on the leaf in the center? Also, the animal was shot in the early afternoon. Spittle bugs work at night.

This was an actual call that a blood tracker got in WI or MI.

The tracker arrived, tracked sparse blood for "a few yards" and started seeing this. They stopped tracking.

Another tracker with 30+ years experience came across it for the first time earlier this year. Again, their animal was shot in the early afternoon. This was the track for 200 yards.

In neither case the animal was recovered so we can't say for sure, but the general consensus among the most experienced trackers was gut shot or throat shot.

Sika - what do you think?

Comment

Working...
                    X