Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
    Why so low a mileage for being so old?

This was a rescue truck for my Fire Department. We bought it new, so it wasn’t a daily driver.

I personally put approximately 20,000 miles on it. Only problem I had, was cam position sensor went out responding to an MVA, and the transmission had to be rebuilt at one point.

When it was driven, it was WFO. But, all maintenance was done by me.

Comment

Not a desirable truck......

$5000 maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
        This was a rescue truck for my Fire Department. We bought it new, so it wasn’t a daily driver.

I personally put approximately 20,000 miles on it. Only problem I had, was cam position sensor went out responding to an MVA, and the transmission had to be rebuilt at one point.

When it was driven, it was WFO. But, all maintenance was done by me.
        Makes sense.

Comment

Comment

Ok, just to clarify..

I DO NOT own this truck, I was simply looking for an approximate value, so I could make an offer. I’m not even sure the Chief is ready to sell.

For the guys saying 2-5 thousand, do some research.

Best I have found, low price is $11,000 up to $15,000.

And to the one who pm’d me about it being junk, and check craigslist, Shoulda just kept that to yourself.

Have a blessed day.

Comment

Sounds like it would make an awesome project/weekend truck.

Especially since you're the buyer, not the seller, and you get to make the first offer, do not over-pay. The odometer reading doesn't matter much when every plastic, rubber, and electronic component on the truck is 20 years old. Expect to put some money into little fixes on a regular basis. The motor is probably solid.

You're buying it from the department. You just need to meet/beat auction value.

Comment

The old 7.3 are gold take care of them my buddy got 500,698 miles on his
                Just replaced wear n tear parts like starter Alternator water pump brakes clutch

Comment

What department do you work or volunteer for?

Comment

Originally posted by CSF45 View Post
                    What department do you work or volunteer for?

He's probably on the road as we speak. He drives a truck for his reg job too, over night. His week usually starts on Sunday evenings. So I wouldn't expect a quick answer while he's working/driving, if he gives one.

Comment

Working...
                    X