Sloppy Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sloppy Joe

“In 1975, President Ford was left to manage the difficult ending of the Vietnam War. President Ford went to Congress for a relief package to allow American personnel and our allies to evacuate. However, there was ONE US SENATOR who opposed any such support. The result was the embarrassing and hurried evacuation from the roof of the American embassy in Saigon. This senator reveled in the embarrassment and did everything he could to leverage it politically against Ford. Despite the efforts of this U.S .Senator--President Ford managed to rescue 1,500 South Vietnamese allies prior to the country’s fall. Had President Ford not acted quickly, these people would have been targeted and slaughtered for their support for America. When they arrived in America, President Ford asked Congress for a package to assist these refugees integrate into American society. That SAME troublesome SENATOR TORPEDOED ANY SUPPORT for these shell shocked, anti communist, Americans and our helpers, refugees. Instead, President Ford had to recruit Christian organizations to offer assistance on a voluntary basis. As he did so, the Senator belittled those efforts. What kind of person would oppose President Ford’s tireless work to do the right and humanitarian thing? Who would want to play politics with the well-being of innocent people who stood by America in the tragic Vietnam War? THAT SENATOR WAS JOE BIDEN”

I was in that operation. The name of it was Frequent Wind. It was the last (18th) campaign in Vietnam. The last two Marines to die in Vietnam died in that operation if I’m not mistaken. It was a complete cluster.
    We should have been bombing the shat out of north Vietnam while we left. Complete disgrace. And no it doesn’t surprise me about that waste of oxygen. And we still managed to evacuate 7,000 Vietnamese civilians, load them on the SS Pioneer Commander, and transport them to Guam.
    Last edited by Hogmauler; 12-13-2020, 01:43 PM.

Comment

People that voted for that mindless, little girl sniffing, creep have no idea of the train wreck that’s headed for them. Pizzas me off thinking about it. Full stop.

Comment

Thanks for your service sir!

Comment

My pleasure RD. Thank you and folks like yourself for standing for righteousness.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
            I was in that operation. The name of it was Frequent Wind. It was the last (18th) campaign in Vietnam. The last two Marines to die in Vietnam died in that operation if I’m not mistaken. It was a complete cluster.
            We should have been bombing the shat out of north Vietnam while we left. Complete disgrace. And no it doesn’t surprise me about that waste of oxygen. And we still managed to evacuate 7,000 Vietnamese civilians, load them on the SS Pioneer Commander, and transport them to Guam.
            Thank you for your service sir. My hat is off to you and all the Vietnam Veterans.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words but there are many more folks on here that had it much worse than we did. I came home with all my moving parts intact. So many were maimed, burned, disfigured, just like all wars and survived. Sometimes death isn’t the worst thing. Then there’s the 58,000 + that gave all. The way we honor the fallen is to stand for and live our lives in a righteous manner and never forget them! Not just in Vietnam but all wars where men and women served and died for the folks beside them. Stay strong fellas. I have a feeling it’s gonna get worse before it gets better. Semper Fi

Comment

Easy...you're talking about the Person of the Year....lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

That's the kind of stuff that should have been put out during the campaign.
                  Thank you for that RD.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

So he actually did something in 47 years!

Comment

Wow! I was a kid when that happened. I didn't know JB was part of that fiasco, but it doesn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post

People like yourself sacrificed so much and now we’re electing people like Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. It’s a huge slap in your face. Pizzes me off.

Comment

Working...
                        X