Meat Hunters - Yall about done for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Hunters - Yall about done for the year

I have a public hunt next Tuesday. I am allowed 2 but will only take one. that will be enough venison for the year. I have a Richland Creek South draw but thinking of going to South Padre instead. I have already processed a lot of meat. roast are easy but the trimming and dividing stew, grind dog food get monotonous.

Not quite. Shot a second doe yesterday evening.

Have parents, in laws, and kin folk that I contribute to, so I’ll take what I can get.

Comment

Im done. I've got 1 target buck I'd like an opportunity at and I'm taking my boy to a tbh'r lease next weekend for an opportunity for his first deer.. but other than that, no more freezer space.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I may be in for another.
        I hook up my employees and some clients with a bounty each year.
        Which means I get more hunts in!

Comment

Deer?...yes. Pork?...nope

Comment

We're done. Just me and the wife and freezer was getting low. It is full now with 3 deer and 2 hogs. Gonna have to eat some before I can go kill anything else. I really want to do a trophy axis hunt in 2021.

Comment

Was going to shoot a doe yesterday. Sat on the ground when behind me 3 doe showed up. One saw me move and walked all the way to me, like another 6” and I could tap her head. Stayed there 3-4 min then slowly walked away. I just could not shoot her after that fun experience........my wife said it’s better to not make friends with the deer or we may starve

Comment

I'm done unless a private hog opportunity reveals itself. I told the wife I won't go charging after any critters till spring, but I could use a little more grind meat.

Comment

I have passed on about 100 deer this year (not all different deer) just enjoying being out but my wife is starting to ask if I am going to start killing. Told her we have all month but I suppose that will go fast. It may be time. Need at least 3 or 4, then can go hammer some more hogs with a gun.

Comment

Nope, got a management buck couple weeks ago and finally got him processed today. Going next week for a couple does for sausage and gonna try tamales unless I can find someone to make them at a decent price/trade. That’ll hold my house and my parents over till next season

Comment

I have 3 good animals. 1 extremely large buck. I love the pure venison taste and process my own. My purist tendency (snob) will produce: butterflied strap steaks, sirloin roasts, tenderloin roasts, round into jerky, round into stew meat, and plenty of ground mixed with 20 percent beef back fat. Once I meet my annual ground venison quota I may experiment with sausage and snack sticks. I plan on grinding this weekend as it will start in the 30s. Everything else but the jerky is done.

Comment

3 is where I am at also. Thinking I should do a 4th since it was on an either sex draw. I know it seems like a waste but I do not collect antlers. I actually prefer the round roast and use shoulder for stew and grind.

Comment

Haven't shot anything yet this year. Have a few more trips to the lease to make something happen.

Comment

Nope...group axis doe hunt in January planned.

Comment

In for 4 more.
                              Well, 2 at least.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X