No announcement yet.

Who's pulled their kids from the BS "education system?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never put mine into it. My son goes to a small private christian academy.

Comment

My son was going into first grade this year. We pulled him out and momma is homeschooling. We bought all the curriculums for less than $300 and everything is based on a biblical world view. Couldn't afford for the state to play politics with my kid while he is trying to get his basics of education down. I think there was a mass exodus out of the public school system this year.

Comment

We applied my son to a private school 2 years ago. He was accepted but it would have been a huge strain on us financially.

If I could have seen into the future, I would have made it work

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Very small Private school. It’s crippling financially. Like awful. But what better thing to spend your money on if you can? There is something to be said for people realizing they are directly financially dependent on what your expectations are. Academically, and whatever you call this covid crap . They started to talk crazy when a month ago and I flat out told them he wouldn’t attend, my sisters kid wouldn’t attend. There was no more crazy talk. They do have a couple things that did change, but they made sense and have little to no effect on his learning or development. Drop off policies, take temperature each morning, etc etc.

Comment

Been homeschooling for 3 yrs now and glad we made the decision when we did. At the time my wife taught at the academy to help pay for their school and it also provided a little extra income. We discussed and prayed about the situation and trust me I was worried. I now manage 2 ranches (1 Full Time 1 Part Time) easily providing for my family and couldn’t be more thankful. I have many local friends that ended up doing the same thing we did. My wife has enough on her plate as it is teaching the kids throughout the day but many of our friends who stay at home took on jobs selling things online. (Plexus, Makeup, etc.)

We use the Abeka curriculum. This year we switched to a video course where the entire school year and lessons are recorded with a teacher. Relieves my wife of having to do a lot of the work and she is there to help the kids if needed. Something like this would free up your wife to work from home if she needed to do so. Most of the time kids start at 8am and are finished around 12-12:30. Leaves the rest of the day to review, play outside, run errands and makes vacations so much better.

Pray about it and don’t be afraid to take that leap of faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              We applied my son to a private school 2 years ago. He was accepted but it would have been a huge strain on us financially.

If I could have seen into the future, I would have made it work

It’s all about finding the right private school. My boys went private through first &2nd grade thinking we were giving them a real head start. Both got mainly A’s all the way through.

We moved and they both went into public school and in short order we figured out they were at least a year behind where they should have been. It was a real struggle for a while but they both got caught up and did fine

Comment

My sister's neighbor quit her teaching job and is now tutoring/homeschool teaching for several others in the area for pay. Maybe your wife could do something similar?

Comment

My fourth grader is in class. Small school system and they are doing the best they can under the circumstances. No complaints from me.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    It’s all about finding the right private school. My boys went private through first &2nd grade thinking we were giving them a real head start. Both got mainly A’s all the way through.

We moved and they both went into public school and in short order we figured out they were at least a year behind where they should have been. It was a real struggle for a while but they both got caught up and did fine
                    It started because the shooting team coach wanted him to shoot for them. He knew a bunch of the kids and all of the team.

We applied got accepted and the got told the cost per year was over 10k. Asked for aid and basically got turned down because we only had one kid.

Fast forward 2 years they still have a coach and a team and we dont. Getting that shooting scholarship is a little harder without a team and covid crap

Comment

My brother works at a large Christian private school in Grapevine and he said they had a large influx of new people signing up their kids due to call of the Covid mess

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

I'm in public education and this has been my experience where 80% of homeschooled kids were behind when they got to us. I'm not saying 80% of all homeschooled kids are behind, just that 80% of the ones we GET are behind, which could be for many reasons such as parents not having time to teach, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          It started because the shooting team coach wanted him to shoot for them. He knew a bunch of the kids and all of the team.

We applied got accepted and the got told the cost per year was over 10k. Asked for aid and basically got turned down because we only had one kid.

Fast forward 2 years they still have a coach and a team and we dont. Getting that shooting scholarship is a little harder without a team and covid crap

Guess we were lucky, we had an excellent group of shooting coaches and support from 4-H, to my knowledge no schools below college level had any support in shooting sports when my kids were shooting

Comment

We pulled my son out of the public school system after he finished the 2nd grade. He will be 21 in a couple weeks and has his own business.
                            Our daughter has been homeschooled her entire life, is 16 in the 11th grade has her own business and has a 3.9 grade average.
                            It has been a struggle for sure. But we wouldn't change it. Both kids come back from their friends and tell us thank you for homeschooling them.

Comment

Glad we have our kids in the school they're in.

There are masks but they have still have PE, recess at least once a day, and still go to the cafeteria. I believe masks are just while grouped up and not all the time also.

Like I told my wife the kids will adjust very quickly it is the parents who will have the biggest issues.

Comment

we opted for the school-from-home program but i mean its just as much of a joke...lets sit this kids in front of an ipad for 6 hours a day

Comment

Working...
                                X