Let’s talk trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford or Toyota.
    I have an f150 with the 2.7 ecoboost 6sp. If I creep going to work in Alabama I have seen 26mpg on the dash with stock configuration (likely a touch less if hand calculated), consistently see 22 mixed with a 1.5 level and 33" mud tires, giant back seat, IMO the best 4x4 of any maker and the aluminum helps big time off road. That said, the absolute only other truck I was considering when buying was a tundra. The chug fuel but are reliable and have great resale and there is no denying that.

Comment

No one really makes a heavy half ton anymore apart from GM. I personally would just go gas 3/4 ton of any make if I were you, or go Tundra. I would wait until the next Tundra comes out, the spy shots I have seen look awesome, and they will definitely be updating the motor.

And despite what others said, every dollar Toyota makes in America stays in America due to taxes. It costs too much to send the money back to Japan.

Comment

If you buy a Toyota you should expect to pay 25% off the sticker price

Comment

My Tundra is at 300K..................

Comment

Whatever you decide, I would hire DD to do the negotiating for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
              They all suck the gas when pulling a boat or a loaded down trailer.

Tundra is not really bad, but it’s not as high as the competitors MPG either. But a MPG or 2 is worth the perks of have a Toyota for me.
              I make a few trips up north every year with a 16-26’ trailer and a couple UTVS or a UTV/ATV combo. One year I made that trip with my dad and we took his Tundra. That truck only got 15-16 on the highway unloaded, so I didn’t have very high expectations of it loaded. I got 13.6 running 80 from Texas to Montana and back with a 16 ft pipe top trailer and ATV/UTV. That impressed the hell out of me for a half ton gasser with a load.

Comment

You must have had the wind at your back and down hill. On my 3rd tundra, but I get single digits with any trailer.

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                I make a few trips up north every year with a 16-26’ trailer and a couple UTVS or a UTV/ATV combo. One year I made that trip with my dad and we took his Tundra. That truck only got 15-16 on the highway unloaded, so I didn’t have very high expectations of it loaded. I got 13.6 running 80 from Texas to Montana and back with a 16 ft pipe top trailer and ATV/UTV. That impressed the hell out of me for a half ton gasser with a load.

Comment

Each vehicle has it's good and bad points and they all have their mechanical failures. I would suggest just test driving the ones that appeal to you and make your decision. All you are going to get here is whatever truck that person drives is the best. I did all this research in 2014 and it came down to which one fit my needs the best and had the most comfortable seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    The UAW doesn’t deserve that sort of loyalty, they’ve been screwing this country for decades. If I could drive a half ton I’d go buy a Toyota tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    My thoughts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                      My Tundra is at 300K..................
                      just got my first tundra last week....would love to get 300k out of her

Comment

Ford or Chevy, if you get a high end truck it will have the same 10 speed tranny. Ford and GM developed this transmission together and so far it has been a winner for both brands. I have it in my High Country and so far it has been flawless. Very smooth shifting and if you hammer it, it shifts faster than you could ever shift a standard. Ever better than an old Turbo 400 with a shift kit.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          Not next yr, but 2022.
                          Twin turbo v6 is the current rumor.

Yeah there is no way I could have waited until 2022... Glad I went ahead instead of waiting for what I heard was next year. As I've said before, the savings over diesel's 40-50 cent per gallon excise tax premium over regular unleaded and the mileage being a shade under my 7.3 one ton, I'm not spending any more than I have for the past 13 years when the low sulfur EPA excise tax kicked in.. Average 16.8 on my 2 hour round trip to pig hunt yesterday so I can live with that compared to 17 on my diesel. I'll put it to real paper to confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            If you buy a Toyota you should expect to pay 25% off the sticker price
                            Yep, we know a guy that can help with that. Oh, and stay away from Fords; especially in the Tomball area.

Comment

I just bought a 2020 Ford F350 C/C 4x4 Long Bed with the new 7.3 gas engine and new 10 speed tranny with 3.73 gears. I just gave my 2014 F150 Super Crew to my wife and will tell you this, it has been a while since I have been in a 1 ton C/C. This thing is absolutely HUGE on the inside! Plus a 48 gallon tank and so far seems to be decent mileage for the monster it is. I have less than 1000 miles so far. When you compare prices and what I bought I thought what I gave for this truck was very good. It is not the fancy XLT or above model but the XL with the STX pkg and FX4 pkg, it has more bells and whistles than I will ever use! It also came with a 2 1/2" receiver hitch that takes Class 5 draw bars so you can pull almost anything.

Comment

New F150s are extremely nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X