Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fundraiser/Auction: Beautiful Stic Knife!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
    TBH's own Honky Tonk Kid - Aaron Watson?
    No sir, didn't even think about Mr. Watson. Forgot all about him being a member here.

Comment

I know it's not expected, or needed,, but I just want to say thank you , to the guys that helped put this together.

Brandon, and Bobby, without your kindness and generosity, I couldn't have done this without you.

Richard, Curt, and everyone else who donated, thank you.

Williams4298, gunny, thank you , from the bottom of our hearts for stepping up and making this happen.

If'n I missed anyone, I apologize. Thank you.

Comment

Not a problem at all! This hits very close to home as my dad just got diagnosed with stage 3 cancer a couple of weeks ago. Just trying to make this young mans hunt as special as possible, and trust me he will be talking about the duck hunt I've got planned for quite awhile!

Comment

Koe Wetzel?

Like Rsatt said" lotta good folks here"

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
            Koe Wetzel?

Hmmmmmmm that would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
              Koe Wetzel?

Wow. Second guess and you nailed it! Yes Koe Wetzel is going to be joining us on the duck hunt. Reached out today via email and he got right back with me saying he would love to join us!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                Hmmmmmmm that would be awesome
                Haha! I couldn't stand it anymore, had to let the cat outta the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
                  Haha! I couldn't stand it anymore, had to let the cat outta the bag.
                  That's gonna be so cool! Better get Clayton to memorizing the songs so the can pic and grin!

Comment

Oh yeah, it's gonna be a blast! Can Clayton play the guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
                      Oh yeah, it's gonna be a blast! Can Clayton play the guitar?

Not really. And his make a wish was a Gibson acoustic electric hummingbird guitar wish amp. Told them he better be getting lessons too. He receives it on Wednesday night Aug 2nd at blues on the green in Austin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
                        Not really. And his make a wish was a Gibson acoustic electric hummingbird guitar wish amp. Told them he better be getting lessons too. He receives it on Wednesday night Aug 2nd at blues on the green in Austin.

Don't know a whole lot about guitars lol but that sounds pretty cool! I'll shoot you a pm tomorrow so we can start getting dates and stuff lined up.

Comment

UPDATE ON CLAYTON:

Please forgive the chaotic nature of this written update. I definitely make NO claims to being a polished writer!

On Saturday, 7-29, I was blessed with the opportunity to visit with Clayton, his folks Brad and Julie, his sweetheart Veronica, and her folks Bernie and Cathy. My initial plan was to only stay for around an hour due to Clayton tiring easily nowadays. Well, that went out the window and we all had a tremendous 3+ hr visit. Clayton would converse for a while and then sleep for a while. The photo attached is of Clayton, Veronica, and me.

Clayton is an determined young man fighting a courageous battle against his cancer. He said he has good and bad days but that he was never going to give up. Due to the aggressive treatment plan, he has to continually wear a rigid back brace that totally encloses and supports his chest area. His hair and eyebrows are starting to come back from the earlier treatment and that has really brightened his spirits. He stressed his gratitude to the TBH Stic Knife Auction/Fundraiser originators and participants. Several times I mentally reflected on how concerned he was with the feelings of those around him and not as much on his own.

I brought him several items that he liked but the TANNERITE package brought the largest smile to his face. He smiled at Brad and Julie and said "It is going to be fun blowing this up"! In weeks to come he hopes to be strong enough for the 2 1/2 hr drive to our horse ranch near Groesbeck. Lots of shooting Tannerite, fishing, and relaxing will be on the agenda then.

The fall duck hunt courtesy of TBH member Williams4298 is another wonderful motivational goal for him to work toward. Brad and Julie wanted to make sure that everyone in the "TBH Family" knew the depths of their gratitude for what has been done for Clayton.

TBH has constantly impressed me with the number of devout Prayer Warriors who rise to the occasion. I ask that you continue to daily raise Clayton and those that support him up to GOD for blessings. He is a fine Christian young man that deserves our support. I am blessed by the opportunity to know and be around him.

Larry Tatom
                          Attached Files

Comment

Folks

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                            I know it's not expected, or needed,, but I just want to say thank you , to the guys that helped put this together.

Brandon, and Bobby, without your kindness and generosity, I couldn't have done this without you.

Richard, Curt, and everyone else who donated, thank you.

Williams4298, gunny, thank you , from the bottom of our hearts for stepping up and making this happen.

If'n I missed anyone, I apologize. Thank you.

I wish you all could have been with me on Saturday during my visit with Clayton! THANK YOU ALL!

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                              I wish you all could have been with me on Saturday during my visit with Clayton! THANK YOU ALL!

Larry, it was an honor and true pleasure to meet you. The smile you put on my sons face was priceless!! Enjoyed your visit. Next time, we will come to you. I wanna shake your Mothers hand [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Merida View Post
                                Larry, it was an honor and true pleasure to meet you. The smile you put on my sons face was priceless!! Enjoyed your visit. Next time, we will come to you. I wanna shake your Mothers hand [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And listen to your fathers stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X