Neighbor Hunting Agreements #3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbor Hunting Agreements #3 ?

Question for the GS: have any of y’all approached neighbors to start an agreed upon (coon mgmt) program? My goal is to avoid the neighbor that kills beavers letting his property become too dry by working together and educating them on raccoons and “proper” habitat. (Coons are my thang and I use dogs too) maybe even a program to feed coons rather than worthless game. We’d be talking 50-100 acre properties where I’ve been looking recently. Seems like a tall task so lookin for experience/advice.

Any good coon recipes appreciated.

There’s been a lot of neighbors manage hairless beavers for their neighbor. They usually don’t ask though.

Comment

Myself, I prefer hairy beavers. They have a better taste to me!

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
        Myself, I prefer hairy beavers. They have a better taste to me!

Most definitely. There should be a concentrated plan to manage them. You just don’t see as many of them anymore. If you prepare a hairy beaver correctly you can taste it for several hours after you eat one. The hairless beavers seem to be pushing the hairy beavers out of their natural range though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
          Most definitely. There should be a concentrated plan to manage them. You just don’t see as many of them anymore. If you prepare a hairy beaver correctly you can taste it for several hours after you eat one. The hairless beavers seem to be pushing the hairy beavers out of their natural range though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Something smells fishy here.

Comment

Oh boy, different direction than I anticipated but funny indeed

Comment

Working...
            X