Accurate production rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accurate production rifle

Thinking about getting me a new rifle. Was looking at the browning x bolt atac in 6.5prc . I was at scheels and they also had some sakos and bergeras, but the feel of the browning was better to me. Trying to stay around the $1200 range. Scheels in the Colony is a pretty sweet store if you've never been in one.

All of the Bergara's i have seen shoot are all very accurate. Buddy just bought a 6.5PRC in the Wilderness Ridge and it will make a ragged hole at 100.

Comment

I like Bergara and tikka in that price range. Have both of them in 308.To me the Bergara feels better but man does the Tikka shoot absolutely everything from 150gr to 175gr in to tiny little groups

Comment

I prefer the older Browning A-bolt over the newer X-bolt but I like the detachable box mag of the X-bolt. I'm not so sure the newer Brownings are as accurate as they used to be.
        Bergara is top notch and easily sub MOA. Savage is UGLY but they are shooters right out da box. My next bolt rifle will be a Savage Ultralight with the Proof Research barrel. Maybe in a PRC or Creedmore.

Comment

I know they are cheap as heck and probably not at all in the class that you're looking for, but I've known 4-5 guys who own the Ruger American in 6.5 and they are ridiculously accurate for the money.

Comment

Tikka can be had for 750 to 800 (at least when I looked albeit a couple of years ago) and is a great shooter. Put the extra money on glass.

Comment

Originally posted by mdb0531 View Post
              I know they are cheap as heck and probably not at all in the class that you're looking for, but I've known 4-5 guys who own the Ruger American in 6.5 and they are ridiculously accurate for the money.

I have heard this as well.

Comment

If I were buying one right now, it would be Bergara

Comment

Bergara

Comment

I've fired two different Weatherby Vanguard S2's. One in 7mm, the other in 257 Roy. Both were sub-moa. Weatherby guarantees sub-moa with these rifles when using premium ammo. The 7mm didn't care what you fed it, all 1 moa or better.

Comment

I bought a CZ 550 308 about 15 years ago thats almost a 1 hole gun at 100 yards.. I don't know if they are still that good but you can find the one I have for about 800 bucks used on gun broker and such .

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                        Tikka can be had for 750 to 800 (at least when I looked albeit a couple of years ago) and is a great shooter. Put the extra money on glass.
                        I like this plus Tikka has a large and growing amount of aftermarket bolts on items; stocks, bottom metal kits, triggers and bolt shrouds.

My only issue with Tikka is they're mostly thin un-threaded barrels. If you want to add a suppressor or brake they need machine work. I'm sure they make a few threaded models as well but I haven't looked at them in some time.

If the above the above is an issue then look hard at the bergara or savage. Many more options with threaded barrels.

All are guaranteed or known shooters.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

When I bought my .300WM last year, I went in with the intent of buying a Bergara or Christensen. After handling both, and shooting a friend’s Bergara, I went with a Browning X-Bolt Hell’s Canyon. The feel was far superior to me, and for an off-the-shelf gun will be much better for mountain hunts. The other two were heavy and bulky, even the ones with carbon barrels that I looked at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The only bergara that scheels had seemed more like a bench gun, it was heavy and bulky. Surely they caring different styles, but I didn't get to see them. I'll have to see if someone else carries them and check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                              Thinking about getting me a new rifle. Was looking at the browning x bolt atac in 6.5prc . I was at scheels and they also had some sakos and bergeras, but the feel of the browning was better to me. Trying to stay around the $1200 range. Scheels in the Colony is a pretty sweet store if you've never been in one.
                              I have a Browning X-bolt in 26 Nosler with Zeiss scope if your interested?
                              $1,200

Comment

Working...
                              X