• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Wells Shooting - Manslaughter Charges

I really didn't see that coming.

manslaughter... ouch.

Comment

Hot Wells Shooting - Manslaughter Charges

Such a sad situation on all sides of that; from the customer who’s rifle it was, to the employee, to the family of the victim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Jamesdad07; 05-04-2018, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Terrible for all involved

Comment

Ouch. What a sad situation for both families.

Comment

I didnt see it coming either but with the powers at be Im not surprised. Terrible deal for both sides

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
              Such a sad situation on all sides of that; from the customer who’s rifle it was, to the employee, to the family of the victim

Yep. Terrible deal all the way around.

Comment

That young man will struggle with this for the rest of his life whether they put him behind bars or not. The rifles owner who handed a loaded gun to the employee without telling him (speculation) is partially responsible IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
                  That young man will struggle with this for the rest of his life whether they put him behind bars or not. The rifles owner who handed a loaded gun to the employee without telling him (speculation) is partially responsible IMO.
                  you wouldnt be speculating.

Comment

I can’t think of another way the round could have gotten in the gun except it was in there when the gun entered the store. Why wasn’t the chamber open ? So many questions that we could all learn from if answered.

Comment

I don't disagree with you. But i think it is a standard in the gun business to always clear a gun that you handle especially if it was handled to you versus one that you picked up. So for the kid to not have cleared the gun is a bad deal.

I have a buddy that is a cop that lives within 2 minutes of the range and was there on the scene. It was a terrible thing.

I don't think the kid did it intentionally so i feel bad for him. But there isn't a difference between that and a couple of kids finding a gun and then accidentally shooting the other kid. Except this kid is supposed to know better.

Comment

I personally check a gun after it is handed to me even if I watch someone else check it. I also slide my little finger up into the chamber to check for a cartridge on rifles. Bad past experience on a faulty ejector.

Comment

Man thats crazy, prayers out to the family

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                            I personally check a gun after it is handed to me even if I watch someone else check it. I also slide my little finger up into the chamber to check for a cartridge on rifles. Bad past experience on a faulty ejector.
                            Yep--you never know for sure. Asked the guy behind the counter at my LGS to look at a rifle on the wall. He took it down and handed it to me w/o checking. First thing I did was lift the bolt handle and as I slid it to the rear I saw brass. I pulled it open and handed it back to him. Should have seen the look on his face---it was a rifle on consignment from an estate and they didn't check it. The other 3 rifles on the wall from that estate also had magazines full but nothing in their chambers.

Comment

Called it! Does suck for everyone involved.

Comment

Working...
                              X