No announcement yet.

New Bay Boat for 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone worried about speed....95% of the people buying boats won't ever have it at full throttle....

Comment

I am hearing over a year wait on a new Mercury or Yamaha. Now some dealers may have some in the pipeline already.

Comment

On your list, my favorite is the el Pescador. I also like the Majek reaper, but I’ve never been in one. Pretty sure that’s the hull that Eric was calling the RC-24 but then Shallowsport made him quit making it so he sold the molds to majek. So it’s basically an scb recon.
        If the 40 gallon gas tank thing is true, that would really stink.
        I run a recon with a 300, and doubt I’ve ever burned 40 gallons in one day but it’s nice to have the insurance on long runs or be able to leave the boat in the water all weekend without pulling out for fuel.

I feel that’s the best combination of what you are looking for. Might not be quite as smooth as a heavier Tran or Haynie, but it’ll be faster, skinnier, and way drier.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          I can outrun any of the boats across a rough bay in my old Tran Classic. Lol. I like having more motor than you need, just overall more efficient. Speed is an overrated factor. I can run 45-46, I just cruise at about 35. If I could go 70, I’d still cruise about 35. OP, it’s your money, get whatever boat you want. There are pluses and minuses to all of them.
          That Tran classic is about as solid as they come. I had a couple friends that had 150 trp’s on that hull, great boats.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            Check here. They may build something in your budget.

https://turnerboatworks.com
            Big John builds a fine, fine boat. Beautiful, extremely well built and well thought out. But they are also gonna be well north of $100k.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
              That Tran classic is about as solid as they come. I had a couple friends that had 150 trp’s on that hull, great boats.
              Yes they are, very versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                Everyone worried about speed....95% of the people buying boats won't ever have it at full throttle....
                It's Insanity.. 350-400 HP on a bay boat? Why?
                Hail the vehicle pulling most of them down the highway has less HP...

Comment

Nobody's mentioned a Mowdy boat yet. I think they are still being made. Rode in one a few yrs ago and was impressed considering it's not a huge name boat. Also enjoyed fishing from an older trans cat.

Comment

Originally posted by 1longshot View Post
                    Nobody's mentioned a Mowdy boat yet. I think they are still being made. Rode in one a few yrs ago and was impressed considering it's not a huge name boat. Also enjoyed fishing from an older trans cat.
                    I had a Mowdy C25 quoted a few weeks back. $15k higher than Haynie and Tran, I just couldn’t make it make sense. But they are definitely worth looking at, the ride was much better than I had expected in some serious rough water on the Friday of Rock the Dock in Aransas Pass

Comment

It’s crazy how much a nice 24’ boat costs these days. Makes me not cringe as much that I just need new trolling motor batteries.

Not all Trans are the same. With the bigger cats, smaller cats, classic, HS XLR8 and LS XLR8 all being different and acting different.

But my 24 XLR8 with only a 200 does 50. And would do 53 with a Suzuki 16” 3 blade but took away from the lower end. Some of the low side XLR8s are high 70’s with a 250XS.

If I had to do it over again, I would have bought the same deal/boat. I got it used so didn’t have the choice of motor size. If repowering or new I would have got the same hull with a Suzuki 300. Reliability and low end even if it isn’t as fast as the other black motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                        Big John builds a fine, fine boat. Beautiful, extremely well built and well thought out. But they are also gonna be well north of $100k.
                        May have gone up since, but I was quoted right at 100k when I was shopping last fall. Main reason I went used lol. This was with 300 verado, power poles, ipilot & 12” chart plotter.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                          I had a Mowdy C25 quoted a few weeks back. $15k higher than Haynie and Tran, I just couldn’t make it make sense. But they are definitely worth looking at, the ride was much better than I had expected in some serious rough water on the Friday of Rock the Dock in Aransas Pass
                          The c25 is a beast of a bay boat, if I were buying a new bay boat, it would be the top of the list. I've spent quite a bit of time on one and they are as shallow as I would need and handle crossing Aransas Bay on a spring day really well, which most cats other than one's named Freeman do not, regardless of what you hear.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                            My C25 is a 2018 & I absolutely love it. I am thinking about building another one with a few subtle changes but I have not priced another one yet. With the 250 Suzuki It will run 52 MPH completely trimmed out & full throttle, it cruises nice at 42 but that's still to fast for me, I generally run about 32 MPH.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                              My C25 is a 2018 & I absolutely love it. I am thinking about building another one with a few subtle changes but I have not priced another one yet. With the 250 Suzuki It will run 52 MPH completely trimmed out & full throttle, it cruises nice at 42 but that's still to fast for me, I generally run about 32 MPH.
                              Very nice!. Good news, you can probably sell it for substantially more than you paid for it. Bad news, you will pay substantially more for a new one than you paid for that one. Have a friend that just did it but his hull was one of the early one's that still had some plywood in it, I think the 18's were already all composite weren't they?

Comment

JH Outlaw no doubt. My brother in law has a JH Outlaw and I fish out of his boat occasionally. I currently run an SCB and love it but a new one runs around 140K-150K. The prices of new and used boats are absolutely ridiculous. If I had to purchase a new boat right now it would definitely be the JH Outlaw.

Comment

Working...
                                X