Got the deer lease gut punch today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the deer lease gut punch today....

My friend and lease manager called today to give me the bad news. I'm not being renewed on the lease his year. I got on the lease when I was retired so he and I could go during the week and drive together. Well, life changes and I got divorced and then remarried and went back to work full time and he got sick with liver cancer and he has appointments late in the week. Heck, he's even cancelled on me several times because he forgot an appointment or something. I've worked my arse off on that place too.

Like several others, I'm looking for a lease in the Kerrville to Ozona to Del Rio area. Year round access if possible and I have my own feeder, etc. If my wife can shoot off my tags that would be great. $1500 is about all I can afford.

What a piece of work. With friends like that, who needs enemies.

Comment

Maybe I misread this but he doesn't sound like much of a friend... or a lease manager, if he's not renewing you because he can't bum a ride off of you half the time. I mean, if you are a bad member sure, but if you are in good standing, work you tail off like you said, pay your money on time, and a "friend" that seems kinda dickish and low rent.

Good luck getting on with somebody that appreciates hard work.

Comment

No kidding Smart.

$1500 is going to be hard, but can be done. I got on a lease this year in Leakey for $1200 a spot.

Comment

So he is kicking you off because you can't ride together? There has got to be more to the story.....

Comment

OP I hope like others that I misunderstood what you’re saying happened. Did your friend kick you off the place?

Comment

Hate to hear about you loosing your lease out our way. I’ll keep my ears open and let you know if anything pops up.

Comment

Sorry to hear the news. Reiterate what has been said above. Not too good of a friend based on our interpretation

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                  So he is kicking you off because you can't ride together? There has got to be more to the story.....
                  Maybe try offering him gas money OP..... Kidding but ya im a little confused as well

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                    That was the reason he asked me to be on the lease. So we could ride together and split the cost. I was working part time and he was self employed and could take off at any time.

Sine getting on the lease 8 years ago I have gotten divorced and remarried. Gone back to work full time and I just can't go during the middle of the week all the time. He came down with liver cancer and gets treatments every other Thursday and I usually sicker than a dog on the weekends.

I texted him about what a kick in the balls this was and how my life changed, he got sick..and his response was "I need someone who can go out with me when I can". So, it's all about him.

I pay on time, I feed when no one else will go out and make sure everything is running. Keep the camp house cleaned, etc. Heck, one of the guy is so far behind in his feeding requirements that he'll never catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      OP I hope like others that I misunderstood what you’re saying happened. Did your friend kick you off the place?
                      Yup, he kicked me off. Said it's not working out since I can't drive out there with him and split the costs. Since our schedules don't' match up when he wants to go out during the middle of the week, he has to find someone to go with him. He's sick and shouldn't go alone.

His last text was "I need someone who can go out with me when I can." That says it all.
                      Last edited by SabreKiller; 04-27-2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

What a d***head.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                          What a d***head.

Pretty much sums it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not much of a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                              Yup, he kicked me off. Said it's not working out since I can't drive out there with him and split the costs. Since our schedules don't' match up when he wants to go out during the middle of the week, he has to find someone to go with him. He's sick and shouldn't go alone.

His last text was "I need someone who can go out with me when I can." That says it all.
                              Pretty ridiculous. Agree with the others, doesn't sound like a friend, sounds like a *******. I hope he has an account on here and can read some of these responses.

Comment

Working...
                              X