Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desert Bighorn Sheep-Doc’s shot at Carmen Island!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read through it all and wow. Congrats and what a great thread and write up!

Comment

Great read and pics! Congrats!!!

Comment

Awesome Doc! Always enjoy following along on your trips

You and brain doc got any trips lined up? What's next?

Comment

What a hunt! Congrats again, Greg! Those photos with the ocean in the background are just killer too. What a memory for you guys!

Comment

That’s amazing Doc! I was glad to follow along on IG, and your write ups on here are always top notch!! Congratulations!!

Comment

Congrats Doc! Great recap!

Comment

Awesome hunt and congratulations on a remarkable conclusion to a lot of hard work that led up to the adventure. So many hours of physical and mental training go into an experience like this not only from the hunting side but from the professional side.

Congrats again!

Comment

Awesome story!!!

Comment

Wow! That's fantastic and those pictures are amazing. Bug congrats

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                      Awesome!! Full body?
                      Man, I have not gotten that far yet. I did have the ram skinned for a full body mount. I have my Texas Desert Ram coming and it’s a full body with the other grand slam shoulder mounts with it as one piece. I’m conflicted but that’s a good problem! I’m strongly considering a pedestal mount with some type of saguaro cactus in the mount and maybe even some of the shells my wife collected. Hell, I did shoot him on a desert island.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                        Awesome Doc! Always enjoy following along on your trips

You and brain doc got any trips lined up? What's next?
                        Nothing lined up with Brain Doc. He has been super busy and took the Covid deal very seriously. I invited him on a group
                        Axis hunt in May but he had other plans. He did have a cool black bear hunt lined up in Alaska but it got messed up. Hopefully he and I will get together for something. I miss hunting with that guy. We usually do well with turkeys and some cocktails!!!!!

As for my future plans, I have some normal stuff coming up. Axis and turkeys in May, floating the gunnison gorge in early June, and the south padre the end of June/first of July. After that it’s back to trying to finish off my North American critters.

October 2021 Shiras Moose

September 2022 Rocky Mountain Bighorn(Alberta)

April 2023 Polar Bear

Sometime in there I will get Alaskan Caribou booked and then I will only lack Quebec-Labrador Caribou which may never happen. So dumb I didn’t do that years ago when it was easy. I put it off thinking I could do it when I was older and now it’s gone!!!!!!!
                        Last edited by docmay; 04-19-2021, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                          Nothing lined up with Brain Doc. He has been super busy and took the Covid deal very seriously. I invited him on a group
                          Axis hunt in May but he had other plans. He did have a cool black bear hunt lined up in Alaska but it got messed up. Hopefully he and I will get together for something. I miss hunting with that guy. We usually do well with turkeys and some cocktails!!!!!

As for my future plans, I have some normal stuff coming up. Axis and turkeys in May, floating the gunnison gorge in early June, and the south padre the end of June/first of July. After that it’s back to trying to finish off my North American critters.

October 2021 Shiras Moose

September 2022 Rocky Mountain Bighorn(Alberta)

April 2023 Polar Bear

Sometime in there I will get Alaskan Caribou booked and then I will only lack Quebec-Labrador Caribou which may never happen. So dumb I didn’t do that years ago when it was easy. I put it off thinking I could do it when I was older and now it’s gone!!!!!!!
                          Polar Bear is back on?! Man, I’ve been following this Slam quest for as long as I can remember!

Comment

Day 5: After the hunt

Well, we got the ram skinned out and the meat quartered. It was a relatively short pack back to the boat and it was all smiles. Now I could spend some time with the wife and give her the beach days she wanted. Of course, she went for a run first!!!!!

Breaking down the sheep.

Ready for packing out!

All smiles and ready for the pack out with the new hats we earned!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The day of the kill on a big hunt is always special and these guys did it right! After Elise got back from her run, Renee brought us a huge bowl of fresh ceviche. It was stellar!!!!!

I got to kick back and fire up my first of several celebratory cigars over the next couple of days.

We paddled the two person kayak out to the buoy and saw some fish, pelicans and a handful of sea turtles.

Comment

The rest of the day we hung out on the beach and drank. It was perfect. We had another amazing dinner and Renee surprised us with a special dessert. Fried ice cream! It was **** good.

After dinner Gaspar asked what we wanted to do for our final day. We decided to fish in the morning and then head to Loreto for our mandatory Covid test. We would have breakfast at 0600 and then head for the boat.

Comment

Working...
                                X