Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General contractor license in Louisiana??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General contractor license in Louisiana??

Who here has one? Are they required? How hard is it to get? I have a client who wants me to build them a house on the east side of Toledo bend. But mentioned a gc license. Thought I'd ask here before I searched the web. Thx!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes you need one and yes they are required to get a permit. If I'm not mistaken the test is similar to Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
      Yes you need one and yes they are required to get a permit. If I'm not mistaken the test is similar to Florida.
      Any idea what that is like?

Comment

Its only required if your job scope is over $49,999. We've looked into it for our little construction company but haven't taken the plunge yet. Please report back if you find out anything interesting.

Comment

Commercial and residential is different. I have one on the commercial side and as said above the $50k mark is the breaking point. Just a couple tests and some fees. You can study and take them and be good. But it won't happen over night, it takes a couple months to get done if memory serves. But its a must in LA.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
            Any idea what that is like?

A quick google search will yield you a few examples or practice test. If it's like Florida, they focus on financials so you understand how and when to pay subs, etc.

Comment

Working...
            X