Big CWD press release coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    I think the vast majority of the covid shut downs were extremely stupid.

If you had a CWD positive deer on your property would be ok woth TPWD coming in and kill almost/all of your deer?
    Of course not. Who would? That's one of the reasons EVERYONE should be hyper concerned about the deer that move around in trailers. Live animal movement down the highway is the largest vector of the disease. I'm much more likely to end up with a positive because of the actions of a neighbor moving deer than I am from the disease walking to me or self generating on the landscape.

Comment

But but it’s a huge issue! Spreads like crazy! Hurry kill that mans entire breeding operation and put him out of business before it spreads!
      Did you miss the post about the Iowa deer farm with most of it infected?

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
        Of course not. Who would? That's one of the reasons EVERYONE should be hyper concerned about the deer that move around in trailers. Live animal movement down the highway is the largest vector of the disease. I'm much more likely to end up with a positive because of the actions of a neighbor moving deer than I am from the disease walking to me or self generating on the landscape.
        So how’s the deer out west get it? Not a high fence for a long long way.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          Did you miss the post about the Iowa deer farm with most of it infected?
          No. I’m aware.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Your sarcasm meter is broke

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
            ROFL... I think you probably need to do a self eval after you read the exchange again.

Comment

I got dinner to cook. Y’all enjoy. Again. Haha

Comment

So how’s the deer out west get it? Not a high fence for a long long way.
                It walked in from New Mexico after infected Elk were transported onto a Military base. Remember... Mule deer and Elk move quite a bit more than whitetails do... over 100 miles sometimes.

Comment

It walked in from New Mexico after infected Elk were transported onto a Military base.
                  Is that official? Haven’t seen that. Bad deal if so.

Comment

Is that official? Haven’t seen that. Bad deal if so.
                    It's highly suspected.

Comment

Is there a facepalm emoji on TBH?
                      How old are you? To say I wouldn't eat a known positive CWD animal is not saying I wouldn't eat an elk from an area known to have CWD. I just wouldn't willingly eat a CWD. I guess that sounds dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post

How old are you? To say I wouldn't eat a known positive CWD animal is not saying I wouldn't eat an elk from an area known to have CWD. I just wouldn't willingly eat a CWD. I guess that sounds dumb.
                        So what’s the limit? You won’t eat it if it’s 100% chance. What about 10? 30? 50? You can see why it’s bad news if it spreads then right?

Comment

I think the only real question, that has nothing to do with hype and selling fear is, how many people have had a cross species issue from eating a CWD infected cervid.
                          The only thing that matter is the answer to that question.

And the answer is there are no known cases and no evidence to show there ever will be.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

So what’s the limit? You won’t eat it if it’s 100% chance. What about 10? 30? 50? You can see why it’s bad news if it spreads then right?
                            For some reason you think I'm against testing? I'm not. I just think its useless to test breeders and not some sort of testing across the state and at processing facilities. If I take a positive CWD deer to a processor doesn't his or her equipment now have CWD? I'd rather not waster time and money only half axxing it. Jump in or don't.

Comment

If you want to just hear yourself speak then so be it. But stay on topic if you’re going to try and have a useful conversation. For all I know I have already eaten one with it. None of us know. NONE.

Millions of deer killed every year. Millions. But CWD is a huge issue right? So odds are that many people have eaten one with CWD.
                              You still didn’t answer the question

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                                For some reason you think I'm against testing? I'm not. I just think its useless to test breeders and not some sort of testing across the state and at processing facilities. If I take a positive CWD deer to a processor doesn't his or her equipment now have CWD? I'd rather not waster time and money only half axxing it. Jump in or don't.
                                Where are you getting this idea that only breeders are testing?

Comment

Working...
                                X