Streaming Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming Apps

Well it looks like we will be getting internet finally with nextlink building a tower on my land. So I will be able to join the 21st century finally and get rid of Dish network and save some money.

But what apps is everyone using? I looked this up but most threads were at least a year old so want some updated info. We will for sure have Netflix and Disney + for my kids to have something to watch. But I have to be able to watch college football and nfl and really would like to watch local channels or the news and shows that come on cbs, abc etc. Will YouTube tv do what all I am needing or should I go a different route?

We have had Hulu live for about 2 years and it’s been great.... until December when they lost regional sports networks so no more Rangers or Stars. There are NO streaming services that offer them at the moment except AT&T Tv which we just cancelled Hulu and signed up for today as a matter of fact. I’m not happy about that but I’m not giving up baseball or hockey. We looked into a NHL single team season pass but it’s still subject to blackouts so that wouldn’t work either.

So just something to think about if you want more sports than NFL.

Comment

FuboTV and Discovery+ are pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
        FuboTV and Discovery+ are pretty good.
        I waS leaning more towards YouTube tv instead of fubo since they are both similar in price.

Comment

You might spend more money as them apps want money too.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
            I waS leaning more towards YouTube tv instead of fubo since they are both similar in price.

YouTube TV here for the last 2 years. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
              YouTube TV here for the last 2 years. No issues.

Any complaints?

Comment

Any complaints?

No, not really. It did go up in price about a year ago. But functionally I liked it better than Hulu Live and Fubo.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                  No, not really. It did go up in price about a year ago. But functionally I liked it better than Hulu Live and Fubo.

Yea. I saw it’s $65/month. I am on my buddy’s account now so will be able to try it before buying it. I really just care about live sports and local news. And my wife has her shows she likes on the major channels and I feel like YouTube is probably going to be the best bet.

Also have looked at ATT tv but it’s even more expensive.

Comment

Yea. I saw it’s $65/month. I am on my buddy’s account now so will be able to try it before buying it. I really just care about live sports and local news. And my wife has her shows she likes on the major channels and I feel like YouTube is probably going to be the best bet.

Mines a little more. I added on the “sports” package during football season. Good reminder for me to go take that off now.

Comment

How are you watching live sports on YouTube TV?

Comment

I’m not yet but in the past used his login to stream astros games when they were only on att sports net.

Comment

I’m not yet but in the past used his login to stream astros games when they were only on att sports net.

Oh ok. I would double check before you commit. Hulu Live, YouTube tv and almost every other streaming service lost their contract with the Fox Sports networks last year so that may not be an option anymore. That’s why we had to switch to the more expensive AT&T. I checked into YouTube TV before we went to AT&T and they, as of right now, don’t have the regional sports networks. So AT&T was the only option besides local cable companies or Directv.

Comment

Working...
                          X