Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
    Good lawdy that thing is sexy!

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
      Wow!

Comment

Trade it in on a new Bronco.

Comment

wait for the family to get tired of it then turn it into a hunting machine

Comment

I have a 2005 TJ. Bought it about 3 years ago. The previous owner didn’t do a really good job of taking care of it. I’ve spent a chunk of money on her so far and still have a few more things to take care of. The bulk of which went to wheels & tires.
            I’m upgrading the speakers right now. Just replaced the subwoofer and will replace the overhead roll cage sound bar (probably) this weekend.
            There are plenty of message boards for the different models of Jeeps out there. Lots of good info on “how to” and advice on what to spend your money on!
            Welcome to the club!

Comment

Depending on where you will be driving it, and if it's just a grocery getter and daily driver, I would leave it as is and drive it like you stole it until you start having to replace parts, and then and only then start making modifications.
              Most of the time you start changing things is when you open that can of worms that leads to empty wallets.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                Now get to know the Jeep dealership service manager good!

Yep. My wife has a 2014. We spend about the same amount every month on repairs as we do on the payment. No exaggeration. If she didn’t have to have it for delivering mail I’d burn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought it and don't know what to do with it? lol

Comment

Probably should consider a second job now...

Comment

I have an 11 JKU Rubicon. Bought it 1 1/2 years ago with 90k. 106k on odo now. Learning how to work on these will be your best bet. After buying mine I replaced coil springs, shocks, trackbar, drag link, ball joints, steering stab, heater core, changed front and rear diff fluids, transmission fluid, transfer case fluid. Added new rear bumper, spare tire carrier, new tires and rims, flat fenders, light bar on good and bumper, led headlights, tinted windows, and new brake pads all around. It was a lot but spread out over a year or so. Jeeps are cool but kinda high maintenance. 90percent of what I did was preventive maintenance and I’ll prolly get rid of it this next year.
                      Last edited by Bradical BH; 12-11-2020, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Dang man....couldn’t you find a RED one? [emoji23][emoji23]

How much money you got? [emoji848] My old boss bought a basic Wrangler Sport awhile back and had some stupid custom upgrades done by Starwood Custom Motors.

For what it’s worth I think your ride looks great the way it is.

Comment

If you're lifting it and putting on larger tires (~35") you'll want: Steering stabilizer, steering correction brackets, re-gear the axles (minimum 4:56 for 35" tires). You'll also want replacement bumpers for your spare tire holder so your spare doesn't rattle on every little bump, deadman pedal to put your left foot on while driving, mirrors for when you take your doors off, sunshade for when you take the roof off, a lift to get the roof off, a storage system for your roof and doors...

Comment

One tons, 4 link, LS swap, beefed 700r4, atlas, 40" stickies, full cage, keep COG low, cut the **** out of the fenders, and have fun?

Comment

Originally posted by Bradical BH View Post
                              I have an 11 JKU Rubicon. Bought it 1 1/2 years ago with 90k. 106k on odo now. Learning how to work on these will be your best bet. After buying mine I replaced coil springs, shocks, trackbar, drag link, ball joints, steering stab, heater core, changed front and rear diff fluids, transmission fluid, transfer case fluid. Added new rear bumper, spare tire carrier, new tires and rims, flat fenders, light bar on good and bumper, led headlights, tinted windows, lower control arms and correction brackets, and new brake pads all around. It was a lot but spread out over a year or so. Honestly it drives kinda Squirrelly but you get use to it. Once you accept it’ll never drive like a stick truck. Jeeps are cool but kinda high maintenance. 90percent of what I did was preventive maintenance and I’ll prolly get rid of it this next year.

Forgot all the summer gear was an extra $1 k or so.

I use mine like a Jeep. It gets abused and goes anywhere I tell it to. Lots of pavement princesses out there that don’t need 1/3of the accessories they got. Keep that in mine if your looking to curb costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a second job....
                                Adios,
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X