Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm right at the wilson county/bexar co. Line . Elmendorf Lavernia rd. Off 181 and no chasing so far. Hoping for cooler weather Thanksgiving week

Comment

Saturday morning hardly any deer moving early morning but hogs and turkeys, but they don't seem to care to go by any schedule.
        Evening should be best for the weekend.

Comment

Not sure what its supposed to drop down to but should be a good evening. Thought I'd try some screaming heat on a hang since the wind is really blowing today. Maybe it will bring a big buck in never tried it. Me and the wife will be huntingbtoday and tomorrow. I'll update if I see movement.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt life View Post
            Not sure what its supposed to drop down to but should be a good evening. Thought I'd try some screaming heat on a hang since the wind is really blowing today. Maybe it will bring a big buck in never tried it. Me and the wife will be huntingbtoday and tomorrow. I'll update if I see movement.

Good luck! The wind has been ripping all morning.
            I’ll be giving it a try tomorrow morning.
            We’ll see how the front triggered anything.

Comment

All my good bucks disappeared, they have gone somewhere. The couple mature does I have here are wound up running big circles with nobody to chase them. Praying for a stray shooter to come around and the wind to die down a bit.

Comment

Well just got in from the stand this evening with the wife, was really good action. Had 4 doe come in after feeder went off, one came in after had 5 doe at feeder all at once was pretty exciting. With about 30 min left of shooting light spotted a small 8 point coming straight in and chased the doe around for a bit till dark. Not bad we will be back at it mid week. Hopefully we can get a mature buck in range soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt life View Post
                  Well just got in from the stand this evening with the wife, was really good action. Had 4 doe come in after feeder went off, one came in after had 5 doe at feeder all at once was pretty exciting. With about 30 min left of shooting light spotted a small 8 point coming straight in and chased the doe around for a bit till dark. Not bad we will be back at it mid week. Hopefully we can get a mature buck in range soon!

Glad y’all had a good hunt, hopefully it will continue to pick up.
                  I sat a few hours yesterday morning and had a 6pt and spike come to the feeder and leave together.
                  My buddy said he saw a buck in the field mid day today. Fingers crossed and good luck!!

Comment

I hunt on a pipeline and also on a powerline that runs through our place and I just drive down the lane and trickle the feed out of a coffee can, and I hate sitting and watching a feeder.
                    I see a lot of deer usually within a few minutes of feeding or right when it's light enough to see.
                    This morning the deer were moving like crazy up until about 11 am.
                    I saw probably every deer we have on the place, and at one time had 5 bucks walk out together one behind the other.
                    None of the bucks seemed to be interested in the does, but they were doing what I call cruising, looking for that one doe that is coming into estrus.
                    So far there was no chasing, but looks like it won't be long, and with the colder weather coming and the deer getting frisky, it might be soon.
                    All the bucks I've seen so far are what I call resident bucks, and the bigger bucks are probably still hold up somewhere waiting in the wings for the rut to kick off.
                    It was fun though, and held my interest all morning!
                    Last edited by Jimbo47; 11-18-2020, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Well Yesterday morning wife wasn't able to hunt but I still went out and scouted! Seen 3 really good bucks come into the feeder chasing a doe around it was a good cold morning and I believe that's what got them moving. Later in the evening I went out with my wife we seen plenty doe and a few young bucks bumping them in and out the feeder. Last light had a big body buck run off the younger bucks and chase a doe in was really active in the woods! Not sure really to think of all this but hopefully sooner or later we will get a mature deer coming in. The weather has sucked so far!!!!

Comment

I had a big 8 come in this morning chasing a doe, he stopped 10 yds out and the wind was swirling, he acted a bit nervous. I took the shot, looked great, quartered away and I guess that old longbow was too slow. He ducked down and I watched like it was slow motion, I think my fletch brushed his back. Unbelievable. Then they came back and she stood under my stand stomping a bit and he meandered off the other way. Some days are like that. Tomorrow could be the day, they are wound up.

Comment

Weather doesn't look good for the coming week!
                          What happened to that cold front and colder weather they were predicting? 50's and 60's in the mornings doesn't sound like a cold front to me!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anyone been out or see any activity this week?

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving! Was going to hunt this morning with my boy, but we slept in. Been seeing a few young bucks showing up early morning and late evening rite behind the does. Hows it looking for everyone els? Hogs seem to be moving like crazy yesterday. We don't see that often in my area.

Comment

Wilson County Rut Report

Had a young 4 chasing everything around on Friday. Not much to see other than that.
                                Yesterday daybreak was a gusty one.
                                Maybe a cold snap this weekend [emoji2371][emoji1695]
                                Happy Thanksgiving [emoji884]

Comment

Working...
                                X