What the heck is trade value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the heck is trade value?

I know it's been covered before but I'm bored and still don't get it. I have a gun worth $100 cash but if I trade I want $150 in trade value. If trading makes the value go up doesn't the item your trading FOR go up in value also? It makes zero sense to me. Carry on...

It means they prefer cash. If you want to offer something in trade it has to be worth their time.

Comment

I think it’s just the times we are in right now. People will “trade” for something at a higher value because they can’t find it anywhere else. Just my guess.

Comment

I dont know exactly what it means. I think it is stupid as heck. I do know that when I see a higher trade value than cash value, I just hit the back button and don't even give them the time of day.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
          I dont know exactly what it means. I think it is stupid as heck. I do know that when I see a higher trade value than cash value, I just hit the back button and don't even give them the time of day.

I have to admit if I see something with a cash price and an inflated price for trade value I back out too. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            It means they prefer cash. If you want to offer something in trade it has to be worth their time.

Then they should just say something like “I don’t really want to trade but I will if I can put the screws to you”.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
              Then they should just say something like “I don’t really want to trade but I will if I can put the screws to you”.
              Or they could say “cash value ***, trade value ***” Not their fault it hurts your feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                Or they could say “cash value ***, trade value ***” Not their fault it hurts your feelings.

Lighten up. Geez Frances

Comment

I take it to mean, hey I have this Glock that I have $500 into and well, that's maybe a bit high, but maybe you have a compound bow that you have $500 and maybe that's a bit high, but hey why don't we swap and then the sticker shock isn't so bad because, well, you wanted a Glock and I wanted a new bow.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                    Lighten up. Geez Frances
                    My apologies. It came across as butthurt and snarky. I tend to respond the same when so.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I means they prefer not to trade.

Comment

It means they need to get into politics.

Comment

Let’s be honest here. Too many of y’all throw out some dumb*** trade offers. You want to do that be my guest. It’s going to be in my favor if I accept it. Ifs it’s something I actually want (I’ll list it in the ad) and then I’ll give you same as cash value if it’s in good condition. Y’all that skip right over it aren’t hurting anyone’s feelings. That’s exactly what we wanted you to do. Keeps the stupid to a minimum.

Comment

It doesn't bother me. I have listed a $600 Weatherby Vanguard for $325 cash or trade for something of similar value, only to have people ask about trading for a $300 Remington 770. It I'm trading, I'm wanting to trade for new to new value or used to used value, but not my used price for your new price

Comment

Working...
                              X