Ruger flattop 44 special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger flattop 44 special

Anybody have one, which barrel length did you get.
    I’m looking at getting one in 5 1/2” and doing an Elmer Keith #5 homage to it.
    Wanting to use Skeeter Skeltons load on 7.5 grns of Unique with a 250 gun Keith bullet

Let’s see them pics,please

I had some of the recent (within 6 years) stainless models and sold them both. Nothing wrong with them I just preferred 44 Mag Vaqueros OM and the 44 Special on the New Model Frame but marked “Vaquero” without the word “new”.

I find to get the best enjoyment out of the blackhawks with adjustable sights, you really need to pick a load and stick with it.

To answer you question, if I were to buy a new one it would be the 5.5” Bisley.
    Last edited by Johnny44; 11-15-2019, 11:04 PM.

Comment

If you are doing a #5 then it needs a 5.5" barrel, beware if you put a #5 grip frame on it they are pretty small.

Comment

I think I’m just sticking with a bisley frame as it fits much better than a #5 grip frame

Comment

I had a Bisley 44 special when they did a run of them years ago. Great gun. That Keith load is freakin awesome. I am 100% confident you could kill a deer with it at handgun range. I shot a deer through and through lengthwise with a 250gr Keith bullet in a 44mag case light loaded to only 100fps faster than the Keith load.

Comment

I have one a 5 1/2...perfect length in my opinion. Great pistol.

Comment

Working...
            X