Taking a Piece with You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a Piece with You

I have been fortunate to enjoy hunts with great friends made right here on Texasbowhunter.com. We've done day-hunts, public hunts, trips to each other's leases, shared leases, and family land. One of the most memorable for me was actually one of the more recent.

Michael Middleton's family owned a large chunk of South Texas and as most here know, he's enjoyed great success there. His hunts on the ranch have fueled Texasbowhunter.com since its inception. Last winter, for the first time in our near 20 year friendship, he was able to invite me to hunt the place for deer. I've been there to hunt hogs in the off-season, but never deer. On two separate weekends, we enjoyed the nasty brush of the Booth Ranch trying to connect on a deer...any deer! I'll never forget those two brief weekends.

I had my opportunities those weekends, as you may have seen in other videos shared here. However, the reason for this post is the video below. The ranch sold in this last year. A lifetime of hunting the place is now just a lasting memory for Michael, his brothers and family. It seems one should be able to take more from a place, once it is gone, than just memories. While my plan for a keepsake wasn't complicated, or even that significant a piece to give to Michael, I felt he might appreciate the gesture. I've been meaning to piece this together to post for some time. Here is the video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L9jmTR312o&t"]Take a Piece with You - YouTube[/ame]

Good friends are much harder to find than good ranches, good deer or just about anything else. What a great gesture from one good man to another. Good bull, Casey.

Comment

One of your absolute best qualities is your sentimental side. Love this...and I know it meant a lot to Michael!

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Taking a Piece with You

Very cool gesture. Love your videos man and thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

That's so awesome man, I followed that hunt last year and was really rooting for one of you to kill that big buck yall were getting on camera.

Comment

Deep...

Comment

That's a great idea and gift Casey! And I know the feeling all to well. I do have some great memories though.

Comment

Comment

Very nice. I'm sure the loss of the property hurts but as you said the memories spent there will carry on.

Gary

Comment

Love this place & you guys/gals...

Thanks Casey...

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

Good stuff Casey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Very cool!

Comment