Best way to install Lighted nocks??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to install Lighted nocks??

Switching to Noctural Lighted nocks this year. What the process for changing out nocks on Carbon Arrow.

pull your old nock and index the new nock just like the old one

Comment

Thought it was that simple but searched the web and there was a whole process of heating the old nock pulling it, sanding inside of arrow and gluing new nock in

Comment

Originally posted by TX_H-F View Post
        pull your old nock and index the new nock just like the old one
        This is what I did

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyneutrontx View Post
          Thought it was that simple but searched the web and there was a whole process of heating the old nock pulling it, sanding inside of arrow and gluing new nock in
          That is for changing inserts.

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
            This is what I did
            same here

Comment

I wrap mine with a little thread tape before I insert them, helps make a tight fit and not add any significant weight

Comment

you dont want to glue them. they should fit your arrow snug if you buy the right size. if you glue them its not so easy to replace them or index when tuning your bow

Comment

Take a piece of plastic wrap large enough to wrap the entire nock. Then simply index the nock and press it firmly into place. finally trim a way extra plastic.

The plastic makes a snug fit, does not add significant weight, and allows for easy removal should the battery go dead or nock gets busted. Cheap too and chances are you have some kind of thin plastic around that will work.

Comment

Make sure you put it in the back of arrow.

Comment

Working...
                    X