No announcement yet.

How much to tip a guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would give him a solid high five and if he went above and beyond, maybe a slap on the butt.

I kid

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
      Do not tip on %. Tip what you think they earned by their service to you.
      Bingo!

Comment

If you choose to tip your guide, please give it directly to them.

Don't give it to the outfitter or rely on someone else.

I seen situations where the middle man took his cut or kept it all.

Comment

15% to 20% depending on the service.

Don't for get the cook staff also!! Often overlooked

Comment

Depends on the animal. If guy loaded a nilgai, skinned and quartered is much different then a whitetail to me.

Comment

How much do guides get paid? Is it per hunt or per hour or?

Comment

One day deal for 1500?? Something sure sounds fishy in that deal.

If the guide just drops you off, and skins/quarters your animal- then max I'd tip is $75. It takes all of 30 minutes, tops, to skin and quarter a deer if you are any good. Now if he is 'guiding' you all day, feeds you, and capes your trophy, then that's a different matter and I'd probably start at $125 and up, pending his work.

Comment

On a game ranch..hes more of a uber.
                  Do you tip your uber driver?
                  Use that percentage.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                    So would you tip 20% on a one day hunt that was $1500 and still tip 20% on a 3 day hunt that was $1500? Just curious because $300 for one day seems a bit high in my opinion unless it was all an outstanding experience.
                    Yes sir, I would if the experience was good. But of course, that’s just my opinion...everyone has their own and there is nothing wrong with that.

Comment

10-15% on a one day hunt. Multiple day, probably 20 maybe more . Plus, it depends on what the guide does. I tip according to services rendered.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel32 View Post
                        Hard to say as it all depends on the amount of work done and what you value that at. Is the guide with you 100% of the time? Is the guide bringing snacks/drinks, tracking animal? Driving you around? Depending on the animal many guides can have that animal skinned, quartered and on ice in no time at all. I've seen guides put in anywhere from 2-16 hours plus of work in a given day for their hunters. That being said you should have a good idea as to how much to tip your guide based on the service. I'd start around 15% and adjust from there as you see fit.
                        Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        On a game ranch..hes more of a uber.
                        Do you tip your uber driver?
                        Use that percentage.
                        There's a lot more to it that just driving people around. Most people at their lease may keep one set up (blind, feeder) running. Imagine trying to keep 8-15 running, clean, never out of corn etc. It's 10x harder than one thinks.

Originally posted by whakm View Post
                        10-15% on a one day hunt. Multiple day, probably 20 maybe more . Plus, it depends on what the guide does. I tip according to services rendered.
                        But the rabbit hole starts with the question of What is the guides job? Need to know what that is so one can know if he went above and beyond or not.

Comment

Ive done it.
                          It was a joke.

Comment

Depends on the service for me. Generally 20%

Comment

I would probably tip $150-$200. He did get you an animal in one day.

Comment

Working...
                              X