No announcement yet.

Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is only my second year putting in so far I am 0-5 have four more hopefully get lucky. Congrats to everyone who got drawn!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
      Will do! I've seen where the bar is set on the Daughtrey live hunt threads. I can't compete with that. I like to turn my phone off in the woods but I'll post a report after the hunt.

I drew Black Gap archery mule deer a few years ago and If this hunt comes anywhere close to that one, I'll be thrilled.
      I hunted Muleys (rifle) at Elephant Mtn, January of last year. Got lucky and scored a nice buck (posted a story here, back then). AWESOME country out there. I can't wait to get back out there.

Comment

I will be hunting at Richland Creek (archery) in a couple of months. The hunt brochure says ATV's are recommended, but that a "safety course certification" is REQUIRED.
        Does anyone know where to get that certification? I am south of San Antone, and don't mind going there, and would even drive to the DFW area if needed. All the online research I've done has turned up nothing. I called DPS and they say they know nothing about that and are not affiliated with anyone. But the brochure states that it MUST be a "DPS approved" certification. Google turned up numerous places in San Antone, but a phone call to them and they do ONLY motorcycle safety training.
        Any help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Comment

When’s the next draw

Comment

Originally posted by moondog View Post
            I will be hunting at Richland Creek (archery) in a couple of months. The hunt brochure says ATV's are recommended, but that a "safety course certification" is REQUIRED.
            Does anyone know where to get that certification? I am south of San Antone, and don't mind going there, and would even drive to the DFW area if needed. All the online research I've done has turned up nothing. I called DPS and they say they know nothing about that and are not affiliated with anyone. But the brochure states that it MUST be a "DPS approved" certification. Google turned up numerous places in San Antone, but a phone call to them and they do ONLY motorcycle safety training.
            Any help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

DPS website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hogman7290 View Post

DPS website

Thank you!!

Comment

FINALLY DREW ONE! I'm late to the party, I know, but with 2 pts. I drew archery James Daughtrey. I'm super excited after reading a few of those live threads from the years passed. I've combed through many of the threads on tips for hunting the area, but if any of you have any pointers I'm all ears! Fingers are crossed on gun deer and mule deer for this year. I've got 6 pts. on all of those and put in for a ton every year. Of course, it only takes one entry to win so I'm sure my luck was all cashed in on this one

Comment

Originally posted by tellewis View Post
                  FINALLY DREW ONE! I'm late to the party, I know, but with 2 pts. I drew archery James Daughtrey. I'm super excited after reading a few of those live threads from the years passed. I've combed through many of the threads on tips for hunting the area, but if any of you have any pointers I'm all ears! Fingers are crossed on gun deer and mule deer for this year. I've got 6 pts. on all of those and put in for a ton every year. Of course, it only takes one entry to win so I'm sure my luck was all cashed in on this one
                  See you there!

Comment

Last edited by bossbowman; 08-30-2019, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
                      When’s the next draw
                      September 2
                      Last edited by bossbowman; 08-30-2019, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogman7290 View Post

DPS website

Thanks everyone for the input.
                        Neither TPWD nor DPS was helpful. When I searched online for DPS "approved" safety courses (pictured above), there was a map with "lots" of training centers. I called all of the places listed in the greater DFW and San Antonio area. None of them offered a course for ATV's. Only for motorcycles. I finally found a place called ATV Safety Institute. They offer a FREE online course. Takes a couple of hours to complete. Then I called RCWMA and was advised that this was sufficient. I also ordered the OHV stickers for 2 ATV's and my 4WD truck. The truck does require that sticker if it is going to be used "off road". The OHV stickers are $16.00 and are good from 9/1/2019 - 9-1/2020.
                        With that the RCWMA guy said that we should be good.
                        BTW, the ATV Safety Inst. will push you to take their "hands on" school; but I did not. Don't know what that cost is or where it is offered.

Moondog

Comment

Originally posted by moondog View Post
                          I finally found a place called ATV Safety Institute. They offer a FREE online course. Takes a couple of hours to complete. Moondog
                          Do you mind posting that link? Looking at going to some of the E-Postcard hunts, whether I draw or go stand-by. These places also allow the use of a ATV. Might as well take it "just in case"!!

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                            See you there!

My son and I also drew James Daughtrey. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                              Do you mind posting that link? Looking at going to some of the E-Postcard hunts, whether I draw or go stand-by. These places also allow the use of a ATV. Might as well take it "just in case"!!
                              Here you go

Good Luck!

Comment

Anyone been drawn for the youth hunts? Draw is today..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X