Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Tour 2020

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
    Looks like jmalin has been ready for this thread, and has already made an informal appearance! Can’t wait for the camera shy success stories......

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. .... you noticed that too huh? Lmao at camera shy success stories.[emoji23]

Looking forward to it!...

Comment

Looks like jmalin has been ready for this thread, and has already made an informal appearance! Can’t wait for the camera shy success stories......
      Ha! When will he be ousted this time?

Comment

I have a hunt lined up for the first weekend of April. Last year was a bust for me so I'm ready. The ranch I'm hunting hasn't been hunted in two years so it should be great.

Comment

This season looks pretty promising, been keeping tabs on them for a few weeks now. Some places they look a little ahead, others look a little behind. The more I watch them year round, the more I realize ol’ Tommy Longbeard never stops trying every chance he gets no matter the temp, moon phase, wind or precip. Hope all have a great season and success finds yall often!

If I had to give a report on the birds, I'd say most are little behind schedule compared to the last several years. Most of our birds are still flocked up and only (I assume the most dominant) gobblers are trailing the hens.

I watched a group of 7 longboards last weekend and all they cared about was the corn under the feeders. No gobbling on the roost, no strutting, and paid zero attention to the 34 hens a few hundred yards away.

With that said, I expect the hunting to be awesome. As long as they stay flocked up, the easier they are to pattern

Comment

I know last year was rough on the number of birds we saw. How are numbers looking this year?

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
              If I had to give a report on the birds, I'd say most are little behind schedule compared to the last several years. Most of our birds are still flocked up and only (I assume the most dominant) gobblers are trailing the hens.

I watched a group of 7 longboards last weekend and all they cared about was the corn under the feeders. No gobbling on the roost, no strutting, and paid zero attention to the 34 hens a few hundred yards away.

With that said, I expect the hunting to be awesome. As long as they stay flocked up, the easier they are to pattern

I agree, the subordinate longbeards are still grouped up and hungry while the more dominant gobblers are trailing the ladies....

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                I know last year was rough on the number of birds we saw. How are numbers looking this year?
                In Karnes and Wilson counties, the numbers seem to keep increasing. On our 70ac river place, there is a resident flock of 37 hens and 17 gobblers/jakes. You can drive a mile down the road and see the same numbers at our neighbors' fields and feeders.

I'm not complaining one bit but I think its a miracle the hens can hatch a nest with all of the varmints and hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. .... you noticed that too huh? Lmao at camera shy success stories.[emoji23]

Looking forward to it!...
                  Good luck kill 'em dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                    Ha! When will he be ousted this time?
                    It'll take some time, but he'll post that snaggletooth grin sooner than later and get axed. He does it every year....

If not he'll just post 3 page success stories with no photo evidence of said success....

Comment

Yee yee

Comment

Glad to see that the governor let the artist formally known as JFT’s road show go on despite the coronavirus threats.

Comment

Wind was blowing 40mph yesterday evening so no birds were roosted.

We’re just goin to hunt the spots in Karnes as I think it’ll give the kiddos the best chance. I’m here now at our river place and the birds are gobbling like crazy.

Comment

Like clockwork

Hopefully they show up tomorrow morning

Comment

Man tomorrow should be good

Several of our spots are loaded and now we just have to decide how and where to hunt

Comment

Nearly ran over three hens today rolling into downtown Fort Worth off 35 at the 4th/6th street exit. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X