No announcement yet.

Crockpot pulled pork - super easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing. I plan on trying this out ASAP. I have been craving some pulled pork for months.

For those wondering about barnacle dust, I believe it is a custom combination of seasonings/spices that a gentelman with the username Barnaclebill makes for friends. I think he is a member here, but he is far more active over on the rodbenders site.

Comment

Man, this sounds great!

Comment

My wife does this with whole fryers also and it is great!

LWR2

Comment

This is so simple I'm going to HAVE to try it. Kids have been slaying the hogs left and right and I've been smoking hindquarters whole and ribs, got a bunch of front quarters/shoulders left.

Comment

This turns out very good .

Comment

I put 4 pounds of shoulder in this morning. This is my first crock pot adventure. I can't wait to get home and see what's transpired.

Comment

It turned out great! I pulled some out and tossed it in some Salt Lick BBQ sauce and then added some cole slaw to make one heck of a pulled pork sandwich. I going to go the carnita route tonight.

Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to make it a regular.

Comment

Well I just cleaned up some hog and was gonna try this, but recently found a packet of McCormick "slow cooker pulled pork" seasoning so thought I'd try that. Instead of water it made me mix it up with ketchup, brown sugar, and vinegar. I figure it's got to be good because anything is good with a nice coating of brown sugar on it.

Comment

I made this yesterday. I put a frozen front shoulder in the croc pot. It was about 6 pounds. I put two packets of McCormics, a little cider vinegar, and some Stubbs BBQ sauce. When I got home from hunting, it had fallen apart. I just picked the bones out. I am eating it tonight.

Comment

I had it last night and I have to say that was the best wild game I have ever eaten. Thanks for the recipe. My wife liked it and my kids loved it.

I put it on a bun with Stubbs BBQ sauce and some pickles. I had cole slaw and Ranch Style beans on the side.

I am having it for lunch again today.

The only way I would improve what I did would be to trim off some of the fat. Mine was a fat hog and I left 100% of the fat on it. At the end, I had to skim the grease off of the top.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Didn't use wild game, but a 3.5 lb Boston butt for this one yesterday.
                          Came out awesome!! Mine took about 8 hours on the low setting though.
                          I guess my crockpot needs a tune up .

Comment

The crock pot is heating up as I type.
                            Pulled Pork will be dinner tonight!

Comment

Looks good, gonna have to give it a try

Comment

I'm a nite owl as it's 2 am and I got a cravin' for some pulled pork after reading thru the recipes

just put a 6 lb Boston butt pork roast in a magnalite pot

I used equal amounts of Kelly's HAWG-rub and a special boudin seasoning I created

burner set on "slow and low" as I'll check on it in 5-6 hrs

hope the incredible cooking smell doesn't wake up the family

can't wait to hurt myself as I'm gonna go "Joey Chestnut" on some pulled pork tonite

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 11-10-2009, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X