No announcement yet.

DEF in my diesel fuel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear this! You deserve a beer. If you have pay pal send me your email. I'll send money for a beer or tea. Whatever you drink.

Comment

Haha, found a spot in Lake Charles. Have a Corona and BC powder going down right now.

Hopefully make it to the beach a little after noon tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by psicoo View Post
          I had the same experience 2017 F250.
          Tank cleaned, fuel lines cleaned, filters changed. Truck ran great for maybe two months before crystallization occurred. Cost around $12K to replace fuel system, which fortunately, insurance covered all costs minus deductible.
          Hopefully you’ll be more fortunate and not get stranded or inconvenienced like I did, thinking everything was fine after the first repair.
          Good luck!

I hope not but if that’s the case Geico is already aware. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            Because they figure folks that can afford a 70K truck can tell a tiny blue hole from a big green hole
            I have quite a bit less than 70k in this entire rig. No way I can afford a 70k truck. Bought a plane Jane XLT with 30k miles on it. I dressed it up a little but it’s a long, long way from $70k.

Oh, and I’m color blind. lol

Comment

Yeah I would be downing a few also. Glad it worked out. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                Because they figure folks that can afford a 70K truck can tell a tiny blue hole from a big green hole
                I think they call that the taint

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Time to order also me aluminum DEF and Diesel plugs. Make it a bit extra work and thought before you make that mistake again.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    When something that easy can destroy a 70K viehicle....why do the manufactures still put the holes so close together?
                    My dodge and 2019 Colorado have the 2 holes right next to each other in the fuel cap area. My 2016 Chevy the DEF is under the hood, PITA, but won't make that mistake.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                      Haha, found a spot in Lake Charles. Have a Corona and BC powder going down right now.

Hopefully make it to the beach a little after noon tomorrow.

Good deal. Like others said, I would change filters again while you are there, and probably again when you get home.

Safe travels!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        When something that easy can destroy a 70K viehicle....why do the manufactures still put the holes so close together?
                        My old boss had a great idea. Why can't govt change the regs and make all different fluids require different shaped nozzles? Gas is circle nozzle and hole. Diesel triangle nozzle and hole. Def square nozzle/hole.

Problem solved. That why you CANNOT screw it up. Sell plastic widget/funnels that work for the new shapes to be able to use your old tanks and fuel cans???

Also standardize the darn colors! When I had a turbo diesel I almost put E85 (yellow nozzle) in my tank. Diesel should always been GREEN or YELLOW and other fuels DIFFERENT COLOR! Lets get back to kindergarten simplicity and this SHAT wouldn't happen....

Comment

Working...
                        X