X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cerokoting a Scope?

Is this a thing?

Has anyone ever done it?

If so did it change the scope operation or hurt it in anyway?

I apologize if this it a dumb question just curious how I see some rifle combos that all match with custom colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ttt

Comment

No it doesn't change the operation or function of the optic. I had a nightforce that was ceracoated and I have a couple of scopes that are rattle can painted.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
        No it doesn't change the operation or function of the optic. I had a nightforce that was ceracoated and I have a couple of scopes that are rattle can painted.

Are there any brands that you can order the optic from the factory already cerakoted

Comment

Leupold will cerakote scopes in about 20 different colors. I have a scope on order from them that should be here in about 6-8 weeks that is being cerakoted in silver, it was about 150$ cheaper if I remember correctly, than being anadized silver.

Comment

brunner R&M firearms in El Campo does a very good job cerakoting I had a 1911 done. And I think i heard that Victoria precision rifles was doing cerakote

Comment

As long as they use the air dry product you should be good.

Comment

CS Tactical sells online, and will cerakote any optics they sell for a good price. They do excellent work, but they deal in high end gear. May not have what you’re looking for if it’s for a hunting application.

Comment

All great info thanks guys

Comment

good stuff

Comment

I had a vortex done that has turrets. It Works great

Comment

You can, they have to use an air dry process vs an oven so what I've heard it isn't AS durable but still very tough.

Comment

Quality Guns & Gun Repairs for the Sportsman, Hunter & Collector

Comment

Working...
                          X