Lease Available Again: Mason County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease Available Again: Mason County

Unfortunately our property will be available again this year for lease.

Property is located in Southeastern Mason County in the Loyal Valley area. Total acres of property is around 1060 acres, but the family is keeping one pasture for ourselves, so around 800 acres will be available for lease. I am looking for no more than 4 management minded hunters for the property.

Lease cost is $10,000 for the 800 ac. Hunters will be allowed one "trophy" buck 5.5 and older, and one "management" buck that is at least 4.5 and older. Each member will be allowed three does as well, one turkey in the Spring, and unlimited hogs. There has never been an exotic harvested on the ranch, but we have seen axis, fallow, sika, and aoudad on cameras. Do not expect to kill an exotic, but if there is one available then it can be harvested.

Bow and gun hunting are both allowed. Wives and children/grandchildren 18 and younger are preferred guests. Any other guests can be considered, but we want to keep it family only if possible. But again, that can be discussed. We just don't want the property overrun with people. The lease is year round, but limited access in the offseason. Preferably 1 weekend a month during the offseason for filling feeders, shooting hogs, etc.

There is a very primitive cabin onsite that is available for the leasee's use. No electricity or running water in the cabin, and no electricity on the property. Previous groups have run generators to run the lights and window units. This past year one of the members did an amazing job hooking up a solar system to run the lights and outlets. He also replaced all of the wiring in the cabin and added insulation. We did not know about it until the floods hit this year, but there is a leak in the roof. We will try to get that repaired this Spring.

I run multiple cameras on the entire ranch and have for many years. Therefore I have thousands of photos to share of the type of deer we have on the property. This past year was terrible hunting, as we had severe drought until September, and then floods all the way through most of the season. Quality was way down because of the drought, and then hunting was tough due to all the green.

On average our mature trophy bucks will be in the 120-130" range. Two years ago one of our hunters killed a 150" buck, but that is not to be expected. The place has never been protein fed until this past year. The hunters fed cottonseed from June-September or so. The deer took to it really well and hammered it.

We conduct prescribed burns years, shear junipers constantly, and have installed water sources throughout the entire ranch for both livestock and wildlife. We do run cattle and rotate them throughout the entire ranch. We would like a management minded group that allows bucks to mature, and who treats the property with respect. We do our best to stay out of your way, but we do want to know what is going on at the property.

This place was available for the first time in 10-15 or so years last year when I posted it on here. I had a great TBH group take over last year and I hate that the lease boss had to get off. They had some family issues come up that caused him to have to drop the place unfortunately.

This will not be first come first serve, as I want to make sure I have a great trustworthy group to take over. Please PM me if you are interested, and I will gladly share the lease agreement from this past year and any photos. I'd love to hear a little bit about your group when you PM me please. Last year it took me a long while to get though everyone, so I apologize in advance if that happens again this year.

Sorry for the long post!!

PM sent.

Comment

Man Sounds like a great place, if I was in the market I would definitely be interested. Good luck finding the right group.

Comment

I was the previous lease manager on this place, anyone please feel free to ask any questions you may have. It's a great place with great landowners.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon M. View Post
          I was the previous lease manager on this place, anyone please feel free to ask any questions you may have. It's a great place with great landowners.
          Did you feed protein?

-scratch that just re read it and it says you did
          Last edited by HunterU; 02-17-2019, 03:25 PM.

Comment

We feed cotton seed in 5 locations across the ranch. The deer hammered it, we did have some hog activity on it but they didn't seem to mess with it much.

Comment

Sounds like a great place. You should have no issues filling this lease. Good luck.

Comment

Seriously? Dang it bud, you're killing me!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

PM sent!

Comment

Hopefully this link works, it is my thread last year when the lease was available. It shows some of the better bucks harvested over the years.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Here are some pictures from this past season, again, quality was way down. I think there was only two bucks that I could think of that scored around 120" on camera.
                        Attached Files

Comment

This is a great price for a lease like this. I'm on one about an hour southeast and pay double for my spot. Protein will make a ton of difference but it also very expensive.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                            This is a great price for a lease like this. I'm on one about an hour southeast and pay double for my spot. Protein will make a ton of difference but it also very expensive.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                            I was hoping you needed another lease!! You do it right on yours!!

Comment

Anyone looking should not be kicking tires. Jump on this.

Comment

Working...
                              X