Age & Score - SE Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age & Score - SE Oklahoma

This buck has me stumped. Being a brand new place to me I don’t have any history with him. What do you guys think about him? Age is what I really want to know. Trying to focus on shooting nothing but mature bucks. Also, thoughts on score?

These are the only pics I have of him. And he’s only on this one camera on my place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NO sag in belly and not much brisket.. to me maybe 3.5 but a stud.. maybe mid 130s..

Comment

3.5 give that buck another two years and he will be one of those Oklahoma monsters

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
        3.5 give that buck another two years and he will be one of those Oklahoma monsters

x2

Comment

I say 3-4 and will blow up the next couple of years if he survives SE Oklahoma that long!�� I hunt up there, so I can make that joke!��

Comment

I agree and think he is probably in the 3.5 range. Luckily, there isn't too much pressure around me. But I know if he comes out in daylight on my neighbors place he will get shot. Hoping that if I don't put too much pressure on my place that he will stay around. My place is super thick with lots over cover, water, food, and does. We will see!

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
              I agree and think he is probably in the 3.5 range. Luckily, there isn't too much pressure around me. But I know if he comes out in daylight on my neighbors place he will get shot. Hoping that if I don't put too much pressure on my place that he will stay around. My place is super thick with lots over cover, water, food, and does. We will see!

Sounds like you know the game and can hope and wait. There is always a big one that makes it through on our place up there!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                Sounds like you know the game and can hope and wait. There is always a big one that makes it through on our place up there!

I was texting with my neighbor Sunday evening after hunting this weekend and from what I can tell is that he doesn't know this buck exists. He sent me pics of another buck that is a really nice 8, but he doesn't know that I have pics of him too. He keeps telling me that big bucks are few and far in between. He hasn't shot a nice buck in our area in 5 years. He's a cattle farmer and I don't think he really spends too much time chasing deer.

It will be hard for me to keep big bucks around much on my 70 acres, but there are lots of areas I can't go or will not go on my place, and they have trails leading to and from them. Hoping if I stay out of them the bucks will feel comfortable and stick around.

And I have some young bucks that can't be more than 1.5 or 2.5 that have some potential to be good bucks when they mature. Good thing too is that it's mainly just myself and my wife hunting our place. My wife may spend more time hunting when she gets a crossbow, but I doubt she will hunt like myself.
                Last edited by SFAbowhunter; 11-27-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Bump

Comment

ttt

Comment

Stud 3.5 mid 130s

Comment

to me he looks 3.5 but that roman nose kinda makes me wonder if he is older

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                          to me he looks 3.5 but that roman nose kinda makes me wonder if he is older
                          That's the one thing that is throwing me off. Maybe he is just an older run down buck. But even then I would think he would have a little bit of a belly or bigger body coming into the rut.

Comment

I’d give him at least 2 more years and you will be very surprised. Like others said, he has good potential to be 170+.
                            Unless it’s a blob in the pictures, it looks like he may have been hit high up on his right side at some point, hard to distinguish.

Comment

130’s

Comment

Working...
                              X