No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your taking ketone salts consider stopping. If your diet is right you don't need them daily. I take them to help me get back into ketosis when I carb out and they give me terrible headaches. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been following this thread because I made comments on it early on. I see a lot of comments about needing to supplement while on this diet.

Are there people on this diet that are not having to supplement? They get what they need from basic food and meals within the diet's constraints? It still baffles me that your body somewhat fights against this mode and yet it is considered a good place to be.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        I've been following this thread because I made comments on it early on. I see a lot of comments about needing to supplement while on this diet.

Are there people on this diet that are not having to supplement? They get what they need from basic food and meals within the diet's constraints? It still baffles me that your body somewhat fights against this mode and yet it is considered a good place to be.
        My body welcomed Blue Bell, Zebra cakes and Mexican food.....it turned into a bad place to be

Comment

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Originally posted by Mann Eye-Ashley View Post
          Here is the link for the biscuits https://snapguide.com/guides/make-low-carb-biscuits/ and then I kind of add my own spices to change things up...they're really actually pretty tasty! https://www.ruled.me/10-minute-keto-country-gravy/ This is recipe for cream gravy.

Pancakes: https://theketocookbook.com/keto-recipes/keto-pancakes/ I'm still playing with this recipe a bit to get the consistency and flavor I like, but even the first time I made them I was impressed!

I just pulled the biscuits out of the oven from the recipe things are awesome. Reminds me a lot of red lobster biscuits
          Last edited by Strummer; 08-03-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            My body welcomed Blue Bell, Zebra cakes and Mexican food.....it turned into a bad place to be
            Did it though? Let's be honest. I know you were being funny, but I can eat that stuff in moderation. And as long as I eat it in moderation, my body handles it just fine. It is however, when I eat too much and too often, that I get the not so great side effects. Weight gain, indigestion, bowel rage, etc.

I pretty much eat a variety of food. Pizza, burgers, sausage, cake, cobbler, salads, fried fish, spaghetti, sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, chips, cereal. I've lost significant weight and maintained weight on that "diet" because I was honest about how much I really needed to eat.

And if I eat too much of one thing that isn't "clean" or balanced, my body lets me know. Eat too much fried food... and your body will punish you for it.

Comment

Did it though? Let's be honest. I know you were being funny, but I can eat that stuff in moderation. And as long as I eat it in moderation, my body handles it just fine. It is however, when I eat too much and too often, that I get the not so great side effects. Weight gain, indigestion, bowel rage, etc.

I pretty much eat a variety of food. Pizza, burgers, sausage, cake, cobbler, salads, fried fish, spaghetti, sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, chips, cereal. I've lost significant weight and maintained weight on that "diet" because I was honest about how much I really needed to eat.

And if I eat too much of one thing that isn't "clean" or balanced, my body lets me know. Eat too much fried food... and your body will punish you for it.
              Sure. But make no mistake about it, not everyone is like that. Lots of folks on here don't have any issues with this diet. Actually, some of them have had amazing results. If it helps them drop weight and get to a happy size, maybe they will continue to make better choices down the road. I remember a member of here once stated " Nothing tastes as good as skinny "

Being overweight is bad for your health, no disputing that.....ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                I just pulled the biscuits out of the oven from the recipe things are awesome. Reminds me a lot of red lobster biscuits
                Looks good....what times supper?

Comment

Just curious for you folks that are on this diet: How long have you been on it and how much weight have you lost?

Comment

Just curious for you folks that are on this diet: How long have you been on it and how much weight have you lost?
                    1 month lost almost 30 pounds.

Felt miserable most of the time. Lot of headaches, muscle cramps, and low energy. Still got 40-50 pounds I want off so sticking with it through the weekend and trying supplements to see if the headaches go away. If not I'm moving on to something else that doesn't keep me feeling like this.

Comment

30lbs. 4 months.

Comment

The first time I was on it I stayed pretty strict for a year and lost right at 90lbs... I kept the weight off fairly easy for a couple years but piled about 40 pounds back on over about a year and a halfs time due to stress and lazy eating habits. I've been back on 3 weeks and down about 15 pounds, the majority is straight fat. Not much water weight.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post

Felt miserable most of the time. Lot of headaches, muscle cramps, and low energy. Still got 40-50 pounds I want off so sticking with it through the weekend and trying supplements to see if the headaches go away. If not I'm moving on to something else that doesn't keep me feeling like this.
                          Have you tried supplementing caffeine for energy and headaches?

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post

You monitor your BP daily? That's a massive weight loss in less than a month.
                            Last edited by Traildust; 08-03-2017, 02:15 PM.

Comment

I am following the keto ...diet if you will.

No supplements per se. i have no issues what so ever. I also feel better and I have lost weight and inches on my gut. I had no issues knocking out carbs. Drinking far less beer has been a benefit.

I drink the bulletproof coffee with turmeric added. that is as far i go with what would be a supplement.

Comment

I've yoyo'ed on it. Initial loss was 40 lbs since Oct of last year. Put on 15 lbs in 2 months due to family health issues and other stressors. Back on it for the past week. I feel better over all with or. My guts feel better, reflux goes away. With the weight loss, I slept better even without my CPAP machine. Cholesterol stayed the same at 160. BP gets better. I feel fuller longer and not constantly hungry. I rarely get that I'm bored so why not eat feeling. Abd bloat goes away. Little to no gas as in flatulence. My wife and coworkers appreciate that. I get to enjoy some of my favorite foods. Food still taste good. Even well seasoned food on the traditional low fat diet was barely palatable. Had one of my favorite lunches with my son today. Buffalo Wild Wings and it is on this diet/eating plan.

Why supplements because I don't enough quality greens. And I feel they help me out due to the intense exercise I do. I know when I'm low on Mag and Sodium, I cramp up and it is not a good feeling.

If you are happy with how your body feels then, don't change a thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Some people respond well to this type of eating and some don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X