Best protein feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best protein feed

What say the GS is the best protein for the herd in East Texas? I know it probably effects antler growth but that is not my goal.

Whatever they will eat. No matter what you put out there, if they have never had it, it will take some time for them to eat it with regularity. I use Deer and Elk feed, 16% protein, I think, and has some trace minerals in it.

Comment

I use producers brand protein.

Others on my lease use the protein from Academy with success.

Comment

L&E
        Antlermax

Comment

I use the cheapest I can find.

Comment

Lysse and Eckel and the closer it is to a good water source the more they will eat it.

Comment

Lots of good feeds out there. Most are a knockoff of one of the companies that actually spends $ on research. I have a friend in the mill business and its all a knockoff business. Send samples in from those doing the research and copy the blend.

I like to stick with antlermax even if it is a hair higher just to support the research side of the business and those spending $$ to improve rather than knockoff.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
                L&E
                Antlermax
                X2

Comment

There is no best.....feed something with 16-20% that they will eat

Comment

Double Down from Dilley...in all seriousness I have no idea, just wanted to be the first to say it.

Comment

i like antlermax

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
                        L&E
                        Antlermax
                        Get ready, Every other hunter on here will agree with this!

Comment

I live in NE Houston (Atascocita) and all of my local feed stores seem to carry Lone Star feeds. I know nothing about them but know they made a protein pellet for deer (called Horns Plus Deer Pellets).

I know where I hunt everybody feeds MG 16% or protein pellets out of Weimar, TX with no complaints.

Comment

Whatever they will eat!

rkmontanna, I have never been a big fan of MG feeds. Everything I have ever fed from MG has been dusty, & dry if that makes sense. Oats for horses, cubes for cattle, creep feed......you dump a bag out, and you get a large amount of dust blow out of the bag. Maybe they dont use allot of molasses....I dont know, I just dont like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                              Whatever they will eat!

rkmontanna, I have never been a big fan of MG feeds. Everything I have ever fed from MG has been dusty, & dry if that makes sense. Oats for horses, cubes for cattle, creep feed......you dump a bag out, and you get a large amount of dust blow out of the bag. Maybe they dont use allot of molasses....I dont know, I just dont like it.
                              HMMM... I have fed it and never noticed this anymore then any other brands!

Their MVP 18% has all the minerals and more then the big name brands

Comment

Working...
                              X