Feeder Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder Placement

I've got a great spot 275 yards from the fence line but the neighbor also has a feeder 100 yds from that. Is that too close or should I go for it?

Also, would ya'll prefer to set up a feeder next to very brushy, thick deer highway or try to stay a little farther in the open around some trails? It can be verry hard to follow blood trails in the thick stuff..

High fence- doesn't matter.
    Low fence-it's your land do what you want and be sure to not to be in his line of fire. Ask him what he thinks if y'all are good neighbors of that sort.

Is it possible to open up the area a tad in the thick spot? I like think because you can get away with more movement but the deer can be on edge more. Find where the trails from the thick run into an open spot

Comment

I agree with you about it being hard to follow blood trails in the thick stuff, but I think big bucks would feel more at ease with the feeder next to the thick stuff.

Comment

I would think being 375 yards from your neighbors stand is far enough not to cause any problems. If I can find a good spot in the open I will choose it over the thick stuff because the wind tends to swirl a lot in thick cover. I would rather see a few less animals out in the open then having a lot of animals coming to a stand that I get busted all the time from swirling winds.

Comment

good advice GoneHuntin, thats what I was hoping to hear...

Comment

I used to put my feeders near brushy, but this year am going to more out in the open. Just easier to see, less squirrels to deal with. . . and I don't think it matters to the deer as long as the woods are within 100 yards. Just my thoughts.

Comment

I have 2 feeders that are 350 yards apart, they each have their own deer that show up. Every now and then we will notice that a groups of pigs will hit both in one night, but the deer will not. I have resident deer at each feeder and they do not mix. You might reduce the number of deer your neighbor sees, but if you have buck coming regularly to yours, I doubt you neighbor will be seeing the same buck.

Comment

Working...
              X