Looking for a shooting help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a shooting help!

I had to quit shooting my bow for almost a year, I’ve been trying over and over again. My 10 yrd shots are pretty good, move back to 20 and it gets horrible. I was told is panic, I live with a natural shake, I had over come it but once I pull the bow back my pin goes all over the place. It’s almost to the point I just wanted to give up. This is one of my last hopes. Is their anyone in or around Bmt that would be willing to help, I’ll pay for your time. I just need to over come what ever is going on with me. I can travel 30-45 mins away.

Thanks in advance!

There’s some dude in the classifieds constantly advertising target panic. Might be worth a try

Comment

What is your draw weight? Maybe back it way down to help focus on form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i sent you a pm, i can help

Comment

I’ve tried videos and reading, just isn’t cutting it. I’m around 65 lbs but will tune it down and see if that helps. Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
            What is your draw weight? Maybe back it way down to help focus on form.

I was thinking this too...

Comment

Try blind bale shooting. Get close enough that you can't miss, draw and hold with your eyes closed, focus on form and a surprise release. It may not be that simple, but those are the basics. Do it many times until your release becomes ingrained. Good luck !

Comment

Are you sure your bow is tuned? I was like you and didn’t hardly shoot for a year. When I came back I was rusty and shot a lot for a few weeks to get back in the swing. At 25+ my groups were awful. I blamed it on myself (and part of it was) but most of it was tuning.

A quick trip to the bow tech helped tremendously. It was night and day. From the draw to the release to impact. Everything felt better and I had better results.

Comment

Wish you were closer

Comment

Might look into this, it helped me and I fought TP for years.

Comment

There is a dude in the classifieds as others have said. However, it seems a little fishy after I reviewed his website. Anytime someone tells me I don't have to put in hard work in order to get results, and have to pay them before they can say anything about the process, I know that method won't work for me. But like everything, some people learn differently than others. I am in the middle of getting over target panic. What I can tell you, stop shooting your bow. Put it away.

Then read this article. It's the path I am following, and am still on the trainer, 3 or 4 times a day for 5-10 min at a time. I can't tell you if its helped or not, but I am a lot more focused on form than I ever was before. In a month or so, I plan to get my bow back out.

Good luck.

https://www.gohunt.com/read/skills/m...e-target-panic

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        There is a dude in the classifieds as others have said. However, it seems a little fishy after I reviewed his website. Anytime someone tells me I don't have to put in hard work in order to get results, and have to pay them before they can say anything about the process, I know that method won't work for me. But like everything, some people learn differently than others. I am in the middle of getting over target panic. What I can tell you, stop shooting your bow. Put it away.

Then read this article. It's the path I am following, and am still on the trainer, 3 or 4 times a day for 5-10 min at a time. I can't tell you if its helped or not, but I am a lot more focused on form than I ever was before. In a month or so, I plan to get my bow back out.

Good luck.

https://www.gohunt.com/read/skills/m...e-target-panic
                        Nice read and a ton of good points.

Comment

Look up Joel Turner's Shot IQ course. It aint cheap but he is the guru as far as the mental game of archery.

Comment

Working...
                          X