Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know man, just justifying it to myself lol

Comment

I have 243 acres just south of Dallas. I'm not sure what area you are looking into. I've thought about high fencing it. Maybe start an axis ranch, but I would be open to anything. Its really thick creek bottom and then heavy mesquite hillside. It could probably hunt 6-8 guys bowhunting at once. But I'm not sure you would want that many at one time. It would allow for different stand placement.

Comment

Really just crunching numbers, shoot me a pm with details

Comment

I have the size and type of place you are looking at. When i get to the point where i want it, i will probably lease it. Somewhere in the range of 3 guys at $4000 each.

Allowing 1 trophy, 3+ doe per member, and exotics an additional price slightly above cost.

Comment

Originally posted by zcole04 View Post
            Are you looking for a place? I might be able to help with that lol
            I'm looking for a place. Where at?

Comment

I fell into a sweet deal! A good friend's grandmother has a 800 acre place that a mega money guy leased and high fenced(he use to own the property next door and doubled the size of his place by leasing this). Went fine for a few years then he broke contract. Grandmother leases it to my friend and he gets six family and friends on the lease. So, this is not the normal situation but we pay $2200 a year and mandatory corn all year and protein Jan-oct.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
                  I fell into a sweet deal! A good friend's grandmother has a 800 acre place that a mega money guy leased and high fenced(he use to own the property next door and doubled the size of his place by leasing this). Went fine for a few years then he broke contract. Grandmother leases it to my friend and he gets six family and friends on the lease. So, this is not the normal situation but we pay $2200 a year and mandatory corn all year and protein Jan-oct.

I'll pay the $2200 and let you and your friend hunt for free.

Comment

high fence

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
                    I pm'ed a few guys but figured I'd just ask the green screen. What the rough cost of a 200ish acre high ranch. Nothing special just some deer to chase around with some buddies, maybe some exotics. No lodging or anything needed. After this year we are crunching number after tallying up our bills lol.
                    My son is selling this one for 7500. They have lodging,guides,and a high fence, they are trying to acquire a 1500 acre low fence place for next year...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Dumb question, but doesn't 200 acres seem a little small to high fence? Is this the smallest someone would want to high fence?

Comment

Bobby that's been on my mind as well. I landed on 200 more or less because I could potentially afford that. Is 200 to small, on thicker east Texas land?

Comment

Working...
                        X