"Emergency Covid Meeting"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Emergency Covid Meeting"

We need another Corona thread like we need a hole in the head, but I had to put this one out there. My wife works at a hospital on the outskirts of Houston in the breast center, mammography and radiology departments. She's not directly involved with covid patients but she's head of her department so she has to go to meetings with other departments.

She and I do not agree on this whole virus deal. She has people telling her every day how bad it is and while I acknowledge it's existence, I think it's being completely overblown and misreported for political reasons. I refuse to discuss it with her because we simply do not agree on this and it turns into an argument.

She just texts me and says "I just got out of an emergency covid meeting. This is getting really really bad. People are dying. Young people 30, 23, 19 yrs old. We dont have room for them and they are dying alone with no family. We have a freezer truck out back. Our specials team is running everywhere putting tubes and drains in people because they cant breath. Please dont go anywhere you dont have to and please wear a mask. If we get it and have serious symptoms there will be nowhere to get help."

Someone is telling her this information. She's an awesome level headed gal but this has got her freaked out. She says "it was an emergency meeting with hospital administration. It was not political. It was real facts about what this hospital is going through right now."

I dont believe it for one second. I think someone high up in the hospital is straight up lying. But why? Straight from CDC website....

Tabulated data on provisional COVID-19 deaths by age, sex, race and Hispanic origin, and comorbidities. Also includes an index of state-level and county-level mortality data available for download.

I don’t believe it either but even if true........we all supposed to cower in the corner?

Comment

If your wife who works in the hospital everyday is telling you how serious it is why would you argue with her about it? I take the word of the doctors that I see on the news every day begging people to be careful, social distance, and wear masks over any politician, CNN or FOX news quack, or green screen bow hunter. If she is in the battle every day and is telling you how serious it is you might take her word on this one.

Comment

Not doubting your wife, but I live in Montgomery County where we have 620,000 people. Only 42 or so have died and almost all are 60+ with co-morbidities. No reports of anything other than multiple co-morbidities...

Texas Medical Center reports daily on hospitalizations and they topped out about a week ago, now declining.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by HoustonHunter; 07-16-2020, 03:39 PM.

Comment

County Judge said the valley now has 4 refrigerated trucks for the overflow & has requested outside funeral homes to come assist along with Army medical workers...

Comment

I have a close friend who works at one of those hospitals on the outskirts of Houston too. It is all doom and gloom from him as well, and basically the same story your wife has. They work in a hospital. This virus is widespread. Because it is widespread, the number of very ill people increases, flooding the hospitals. They have somewhat of a one-sided view, and understandably so. They are seeing the ugliest side of this. Tell your wife thank you when she gets home. We don't see what she sees on a daily basis. Thank God.

Comment

Do you not think that if this were the case that the news media wouldn't be all over it? I don't believe much that they have to say anyway but this would be nonstop jabbering.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
                If your wife who works in the hospital everyday is telling you how serious it is why would you argue with her about it? I take the word of the doctors that I see on the news every day begging people to be careful, social distance, and wear masks over any politician, CNN or FOX news quack, or green screen bow hunter. If she is in the battle every day and is telling you how serious it is you might take her word on this one.
                Because he says in the OP she does not have first hand knowledge. This is just what she is hearing.

Comment

My daughter is ICU nurse at Dallas Parkland. Said they are busy but the neuro ICU floor isn't even open, combined with Med ICU due to lack of patients. They may open it for Covid pt's....she see's it at it's worst so she's all about how bad it is but she doesn't see the people that don't end up in ICU....

Comment

DFW news station today going on and on about a 24 yr old girl getting released after long hospitalization and how it affects young people too.....then at the end they mention she is type 1 diabetic.......

Comment

This time of the year hospitals are generally at 90-95% capacity because of stuff that happens and more stuff that happens in the active summer months. So most of these hospitals are at 80-95% capacity right now but only 15% of that is Covid-"Related".
                      This is from an expert on a radio show I heard yesterday.
                      I have yet to hear of 1 person dying from Covid.....always a "covid-related" death which we know includes anyone that died and may have had covid at the time of their death.
                      The left will always use emotion to get their agenda front and center.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        County Judge said the valley now has 4 refrigerated trucks for the overflow & has requested outside funeral homes to come assist along with Army medical workers...
                        We just received 4-6 reefer trucks as temp morgue storage
                        And county states Bexar county went from 30% open Hospital capacity down to 15% in 3 days . Neighboring construction project
                        Is running on skeleton crew because 30+% of the crew tested + CV19 and 40% of the Key supervisors are in quarantine or hospitalized
                        Hopefully this is will turn out to be media propaganda and not really facts

Comment

I posted on another thread about coming home yesterday from a 2 day stay at Baylor getting heart stress test and multiple scans and blood work done. Not one single person working there could tell me if they had even seen a Covid patient in there or even heard of one. Everyone was wearing masks except patients inside their rooms. Go figure?

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                            We just received 4-6 reefer trucks as temp morgue storage
                            And county states Bexar county went from 30% open Hospital capacity down to 15% in 3 days . Neighboring construction project
                            Is running on skeleton crew because 30+% of the crew tested + CV19 and 40% of the Key supervisors are in quarantine or hospitalized
                            Hopefully this is will turn out to be media propaganda and not really facts
                            Which was it? 4 or 6 or 46 or is that just a rumor you heard?

Comment

Working...
                            X