Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
    Could have been the same place you got your data 🤔
    Not sure where he got that data. All I could find was total 2018 N.Y. flu deaths and it was 4700 and change. He must listen to cnn or something

Comment

What I have not seen is how much the overall death rate - from all causes - has increased over the average since say, March 1st. How many more Americans have died in each age cohort vs the same time period last year. Wouldn’t that be an important statistic?

Comment

Today in the US the mortality rate is .034%

It’s not the plague they are claiming it to be. When the antibody tests start coming back the number will drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
          Could have been the same place you got your data 🤔
          Considering most media coverage is as unreliable as Breitbart
          You are probably right

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post

It’s not the plague they are claiming it to be. When the antibody tests start coming back the number will drop.

.034% is based on CONFIRMED Covid cases. When we calculate regular ol flu mortality rate we factor in “presumed cases.” Changes the math BIGLY!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              What I have not seen is how much the overall death rate - from all causes - has increased over the average since say, March 1st. How many more Americans have died in each age cohort vs the same time period last year. Wouldn’t that be an important statistic?
              Several people are asking for publication of this year's mortality rates of flu, pneumonia, and other similar things. If the rates of death for those causes are down this year, that will be telling as well. Reports are that deaths caused by everything even remotely similar to COVID-19 being coded COVID-19, whether they are or not. Reportedly, hospitals receive more funding for every COVID-19 case they handle, as opposed to the funding they get for other illnesses.

Comment

Pilar- 52,300 died from flu in 2019 and I think 109 of those were children under 9. A lot of folks in NY must of died today.

Comment

CDC# came out today

2016-2019 March average 227,000 deaths

March 2020- 193,000 deaths

That’s if you believe the CDC website that said we would have over 200k deaths in the US from COVID

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    Hmmm, well looks like it might have been a little hyped
                    Or, if was a great opportunity to accomplish 2 things with one drama.
                    Destroy the US economy and put Trump on the ropes......but that would take a little tinfoil I guess.
                    Cue the TBH anti-tin foil hat guys.. Oh that's right, they avoid these threads.

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                    Still waiting on the peak
                    Don't hold your breath LOL

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      CDC# came out today

2016-2019 March average 227,000 deaths

March 2020- 193,000 deaths

That’s if you believe the CDC website that said we would have over 200k deaths in the US from COVID
                      I’m firmly in the same camp as you when it comes to what I think about corona. But.... those numbers are skewed when you consider that a large portion of the country is sitting in their house all day. That right there accounts for many many deaths per day (vehicle accidents probably being the biggest one).

Comment

My son has a PhD in statistics and two things I have learned from him---"Don't believe stats you read on the media unless it is from a peer-reviewed scientific publication" and stats are no better than the numbers they are calculated from, meaning garbage in, garbage out.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post

Death rate based on confirmed cases is 3.4%. Not 0.034%. When you’re using percentages you have to multiply by 100. This is the 3rd time I’ve had to correct people on this same issue on here. Some of you guys need to brush up on your math.
                          Last edited by mwk128; 04-13-2020, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                            Fake data !

New York had more people die of COVID today 4/13/2020 then all of 2019 of the flu

So I don’t know where this “ news “ piece got it’s information?

You don’t understand percentages...again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                              My son has a PhD in statistics and two things I have learned from him---"Don't believe stats you read on the media unless it is from a peer-reviewed scientific publication" and stats are no better than the numbers they are calculated from, meaning garbage in, garbage out.
                              ………..and that is the term that is purposely overlooked consistently when speaking about science & medicine. Thank You!

Comment

Well y’all can downplay the seriousness of this pandemic all you want but this **** is getting serious in my county. This virus has only been around for about 5 1/2 months and we’re all the way up to 19 confirmed cases with only 12 of them fully recovered, 6 recovering at home and one in the hospital with a kidney stone caused by Covid19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X