$1,200.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Looks like people will also get an extra $600/wk for unemployment benefits for 4 months.
    Whats it normally pay?....asking for a friend

Comment

$1,200.00

One of the first things the state did here was to ban the utilities from cutting services for 90 days. They also are not going to enforce any eviction notices for the same period.

This is gonna be difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is $1200 per person or household?

Comment

It is amazing the amount of people who live paycheck to paycheck in their 30's and 40's!?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            Is $1200 per person or household?

$1200 for single filers under the income limited of 75K decreasing as it approaches 99K, $2400 for MFJ under the income limit of like $150K

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
              That I do not know. Perhaps it would just help them recoup some of the payout. I could be off base so I will try to research further.

My spouse and I qualify for the “free money”. We do pay taxes also. Just don’t make enough to be exempt due to the arbitrary income levels the government selected. If someone qualifies it doesn’t mean they don’t pay taxes..

No, I’m aware that there are plenty of folks who pay taxes that will receive this money. The original republican draft didn’t allow folks who pay nothing in taxes to receive the money. The Dems threw a fit and they eliminated that provision. That is what I was referring to. Sorry I wasn’t more clear.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                They won’t pay rent with it. They’ve already been told that they can’t be evicted for a while. Buy stock in Sony because brand new PlayStations are about to be flying off of the shelves.
                Reminds me of the stories I heard about people shopping at the Galleria after the Katrina debit cards were handed out.

Comment

I hadn’t heard that part. How would they “get it back” from the folks that don’t pay taxes? Or those who don’t loan the government money by overpaying throughout the year.

Just some questions. I don’t get any of this “free” money. I am one of the ones who has to pay for the “free” money.
                  Same here. Maybe we'll get a tax credit? I doubt it. Probably just end up paying the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                    Same here. Maybe we'll get a tax credit? I doubt it. Probably just end up paying the difference.
                    I’m betting not. Somebody has to pay for all of this.

Comment

They won’t pay rent with it. They’ve already been told that they can’t be evicted for a while. Buy stock in Sony because brand new PlayStations are about to be flying off of the shelves.

I still don't understand how they can legally do that.

To me they have just seized all my duplexes and will allow folks to squat in them for at least the next 4 months.

While I am stuck making the payments to the bank, insurance and lets not forget the property taxes on property they have just taken control of.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                        I still don't understand how they can legally do that.

To me they have just seized all my duplexes and will allow folks to squat in them for at least the next 4 months.

While I am stuck making the payments to the bank, insurance and lets not forget the property taxes on property they have just taken control of.
                        I don’t disagree with you at all.

Talk to your bank. Ask for a 90 day payment deferral. Bet they give it to you.

Still not a good situation but at least it helps some.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          I have no idea- but I'm fixing to find out, unfortunately.

Comment

The no eviction clause is somewhat misleading.

More than four out of every 10 people in Houston rent their homes. With many of those tenants out of work or not getting paid right now, paying rent next week will be tough.

Comment

Im gonna use mine to buysome cheese!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                                My buddy who made ~38K before being terminated is getting $350/month in unemployment.

Comment

Working...
                                X