X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken noodle soup

anyone have a good recipe? Preferably a crockpot recipe. Thanks

so simple Ray Charles could make it.

go buy a $6 rotisserie chicken and de-bone it, set skin aside. Take the carcass and bones, roast them on low in oven until they're browned. Then add the roasted bones and chicken skin into pot of water. Add a Tbspn of butter, a dash of S&P, and make the chicken stock. Cook on stovetop low (gentle boil) for several hours. The skin, roasted bones and marrow will give your stock rich favor.

Remove all skin and bones, transfer chicken stock into crockpot. Dice/cut-up carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and sauté in pan with butter or EVOO. Once vegetables are browned, sautéed and soft, add to crockpot with the deboned chicken and some minced fresh parsley. If the pan or skillet has browning remnants from the vegetables, use to chicken stock to de-glaze and add into crockpot. Set crockpot on low for several hours.

Cook noodles separately and drain in colander. Add desired amount of noodles to bowl, then add a ladle(s) of the cooked chicken stock into bowl. Personally, I don't like to cook my noodles in the crockpot since they tend to get very soft and mushy when cooked to long.

Comment

I've made this one several times. Super easy and really good.

Comment

Working...
      X