No announcement yet.

Antler rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not in a place to be able to watch the video at the moment, so I'm not sure if it was mentioned. Do you have to do any sort of prep to the antler first? Does it have to dry out for a long period?

Comment

Those are amazing! I'd definitely wear one.

Comment

Put me in line if you start selling these.

Comment

Man, that is sharp! Pretty work.

Comment

Originally posted by rswell2 View Post
            I'm not in a place to be able to watch the video at the moment, so I'm not sure if it was mentioned. Do you have to do any sort of prep to the antler first? Does it have to dry out for a long period?
            The antler does need to be very dry. I haven't done anything special to the antler however I am going to try and stabilize some for the next batch I make. I already have several orders for some.

Comment

That is too cool!

Comment

So cool !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

great video.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                    great video.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Very cool. I have been wanting to learn how to do lathe work, so I have begun researching all that I need to get started.

Comment

I have had an interest lately in being able to turn both metal and wood projects so this was an awesome and informative video to watch. The finished project was fantastic and anyone would be glad to have one.

Comment

Count me as interested if you start selling them!
                          Very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                            Very cool. I have been wanting to learn how to do lathe work, so I have begun researching all that I need to get started.
                            You should come over to my shop sometime, I'm not a pro but I'd be happy to give you some basic lessons and a little time on a lathe to see if you'd really like it before you invest a bunch of money in to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkbow View Post
                              I have had an interest lately in being able to turn both metal and wood projects so this was an awesome and informative video to watch. The finished project was fantastic and anyone would be glad to have one.
                              If your ever in the Temple/Belton area you should stop by! I have a nice shop and would be happy to let you try some time on the lathe to see if you would really enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
                                You should come over to my shop sometime, I'm not a pro but I'd be happy to give you some basic lessons and a little time on a lathe to see if you'd really like it before you invest a bunch of money in to it.
                                Very nice offer, and I think I will take you up on it. I live in Temple, so you are close.

I have never operated a lathe, so a couple of tips to keep me from killing myself would be welcomed.

Comment

Working...
                                X