Smoked chicken and roast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked chicken and roast!

Got a new one for y’all, atleast it was new to me.

INGREDIENTS

1 whole chicken
    1 3-4lb beef roast (believe that’s what I used.)
    1 “tub” of Zatarans Crawfish Boil
    1 bottle of Yellowbird Habanero Condiment Sauce
    1 bottle of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
    1 Stick of butter

COOK PROCESS
    1.Bring a pot of water big enough to place the whole chicken and roast inside of (at separate times) to just below boiling point.
    2. Pour just over half of the tub of crawfish boil into the pot and stir until fully dissolved.
    3. Place the whole chicken into the hot mixture and let it simmer/soak for 10-15 minutes. Same procedure with the roast.
    4. Once chicken and roast are done, set them aside on a baking sheet.
    5. Fire up the ole pellet grill or smoker of your choosing. Pellet grill seems to work best for me with the high smoke output and low grill temp. (I used a mixture of pecan and apple pellets)
    6. While waiting for pit to warm up begin preparing the roast by lightly coating it in the habanero sauce and giving it a couple good shakes of the pink salt.
    7. With the grill up to temp put the roast on the furthest side from the fire with a temp probe in the thickest part. Chicken goes breast up with the probe into the breast.
    8. I let mine smoke for 3.5 hours with the grill sitting between 110-130 with what I would refer to as a smoke basket smoldering between the two meats.
    9. Drink beer (this part is mandatory)
    10. Wrap both meats in aluminum foil without removing the temp probes. Place a stick of butter on top of the roast when wrapping.
    11. Crank the heat up to 180 for around an hour or until your meat temps both reach around 125-130
    12. Bring heat up to around 225-235, remove smoke basket if applicable.
    13. Pull the roast at around 140-145. Chicken got pulled off at 150-155.
    14. Place both of them into a small cooler wrapped in a towel (yeti style with the sealed lids are the best for this).
    15. Let sit for around 3-4 hours. The longer you wait the juicier it will come out!
    16. ENJOY!!

Honestly one of the best recipes I have tried on the smoker. I was so dang hungry I forgot to take picture when they got done... let me hear some feedback if anyone decides to try this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good but Come on man, no pics?

Comment

Originally posted by basskicker24 View Post
      Sounds good but Come on man, no pics?

Best I’ve got is some video screenshots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X