No announcement yet.

Ranch Cabin Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome build! I have a few more years til I can start looking for a place of my own and I can’t wait. Keep up the good work, your place looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

looks great!

Comment

Lookin good man!! Keep posting the progress.

Comment

Wow, it looks good every time you upload a new photo.

Comment

Thanks for all the support. Man I didn't realize that I had Monday off this weekend. And better weather to boot. Wish I would have went this weekend instead! I have plans Saturday and Sunday this weekend already so there goes that.

We are planning to go back out the 22-24th. So if you have any outdoor plans that weekend plan on it being cold and rainy! lol

Comment

looking good, keep it going.

Comment

Nice

Comment

I like it a lot. Well done so far

Comment

I didn't have anything planned for today so I left out the finish the deck this morning. I do not like to work alone out there, especially when using power tools but noone was able to come with me this time. So I was very very careful out there and was able to get the deck completed by myself.

I arrived at 9:15 and completed the 18'X42" side deck right at 11:30! I was pretty impressed considering I had to handle and cut 7 16-footers down to 13', then cut another set of 16-footers down to 5' before setting them up to drill and screw down. I installed 143 more screws making it a total of 738 screws used. That is $162.00 just on screws! Who knew screws were so expensive! (see what I did there?)

We still plan to go out next weekend to prep the cabin for installing the roof and skinning the sides.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looking great!! I’m extremely impressed and can’t wait to see it in the dry!

Comment

Heck of a job and dedication especially when work needs to be done!

Comment

Looks good. May want to check grain while seting those deck board. You want the cup down.

Comment

Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                              Looks good. May want to check grain while seting those deck board. You want the cup down.

I have never thought of that but it makes perfect sense. I honestly wasn't looking at that I was just choosing the best looking side. And when I read you post I had no idea what you were talking about, but after looking at the ends of the boards in the pictures I can see the "cup"

Should I go though and flip them around, assuming I am gonna stain them and MOST of them will be under the covered porch?

Thanks for the input, will look at that for sure the next deck I build.

Comment

Originally posted by Aojeda355 View Post
                                Heck of a job and dedication especially when work needs to be done!
                                Thanks, I am not afraid of a little hard work!

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                                Looking great!! I’m extremely impressed and can’t wait to see it in the dry!
                                Me too!! I think I can still get the cabin dried in before Summer and hopefully be ready to finish out the inside late summer and into the deer season.

Comment

Working...
                                X