No announcement yet.

Firing up custom pellet smoker for chili pequins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a small batch last night but I've never tried smoking them. I wish I would have saw this before I dried all of mine out.

Comment

You may be able to get more soon. Mine are still producing. Green ones seem hotter, red ones are sweeter to me. I just made a pot of deer and wild pork chili. I loaded it up with some smoked pepper and other chili seasonings. Turned out **** good!

Comment

I'm going to smoke some dried Guajillo peppers for smoked paprika. You can dehydrate peppers some first then put on the smoker, cuts down the drying time.

Comment

I have some family that does this. I was at their house eating and gave my food a big shake of it.

I got a flake stuck in my throat and I about died. I couldn't talk and couldn't swallow, lol. Had me lit up.

Comment

What are you folks using to grin the peppers?? I use a coffee grinder. The grinder gets the job done but it takes a long time. If I over load it, some of the peppers end up being to big while other end up like dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              Is there anything better than pequins for a topping? Nope!!
              This is the first year that I used pequins when I made my sausage ... bubba it hits the spot!

Comment

Working...
              X