Wannabe gunsmith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wannabe gunsmith

So I learned the hard way today that I’m not a gunsmith. I’ve done a lot of my own work in the past but today will probably be the last time I do it. I broke my Savage 93R17 Boyd’s Pro Varmint stock and stripped a scope base screw... Lesson learned...

Man, tough day. I’ve had my share of screwup’s, but how in the world do you break a stock? Even a Boyd’s? :-)

Comment

Wannabe gunsmith

I feel your pain. Boredom sometimes get the better of us. But that’s how we learn. Bedding job gone wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang. Live and learn. No regerts. Not even one letter.

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
          Dang. Live and learn. No regerts. Not even one letter.

I love all the letters

Comment

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post
            I feel your pain. Boredom sometimes get the better of us. But that’s how we learn. Bedding job gone wrong

Ouch! That had to hurt. Did you cry or cuss?

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
              Ouch! That had to hurt. Did you cry or cuss?
              Cussed first....then cried a little......then cussed a little more.

Then cussed a whole lot while cleaning the JB weld and wood splinters off the action. But 4 hours later she was good as new

Comment

[QUOTE=STX_Shooter;14782014]So I learned the hard way today that I’m not a gunsmith. I’ve done a lot of my own work in the past but today will probably be the last time I do it. I broke my Savage 93R17 Boyd’s Pro Varmint stock and stripped a scope base screw... Lesson learned...[/QUOTE

If the stock you broke is the laminated thumbhole Boyd's, I have one, I took off of my rifle.

Comment

Working...
                X