How are the fall food plots so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are the fall food plots so far?

Mine is doing fair considering we have no rain. I could use about two inches of rain right now. I have oats,turnips,radish,clover, rye, wheat and austrian peas.

Last edited by Radar; 01-10-2020, 09:40 PM.

[ATTACH]984145[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]984146[/ATTACH]
    Last edited by Radar; 01-10-2020, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Need Rain!

Comment

About $120 + whatever my time is worth, down the drain. Only planted wheat this year, but it's not doing anything.

Comment

Deer are hammering mine, 7-8 does a day in it, all turnip tops are GONE!

Comment

I'll grab pictures next time I am on the river. But when I was there last Thursday, they looked very full.

Bosque County has had warmer than normal temps up to now and timely rains along with a record acorn drop. So plots have been getting grazed on very sparingly.

Rwc

Comment

mine is up but needs some rain in a bad way

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                This is near Sam Rayburn? I'd be curious to know what you planted and how it's doing. I'm planning to get serious about food plots this next year...

Comment

Mine looks great but the deer aren't hitting it to hard. To many acorns!

Comment

Our plots are pretty bare. You can see some wheat and silver river clover popping up here and there but not as good as last year. We have only received a little over 2-inches since planting on 10/19.

Comment

My wheat needs some rain bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mine are 8-12 inches tall...TOO TALL and deer hitting them some but plenty of acorns and fresh browse

Comment

My BFO plots in San Jacinto looked good last month. I’ll take pictures when I go back.

Comment

I got good germination but got it in too late and it didn’t take off like last yr. got it in first week of oct once we got some rain but it cold really quick. I’ve got really good coverage it just didn’t produce the high tonnage of growth I had last yr when I planted in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                              The deer haven't touched the turnips or radishes. They certainly like the wheat, oats and rye.

Comment

Working...
                              X