Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-17-2020, 09:17 AM   #1
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default Has anyone received any citations of any sort yet?

Have any of you, since all this crap started received any sort of citation or ticket for being on the roadways without proof of essential or failure to wear mask in public that has resulted in a monetary fine?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 09:22 AM   #2
mpotts
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lometa Tx

Nope
mpotts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 09:23 AM   #3
Rick
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sonora

not me or anyone I know....they cant say that you are able to go the store, etc and give tickets....the whole thing is silly that people say they cant go places. a lot of businesses are open, I go somewhere almost every day. Just got back from a 7 hour drive day before yesterday to go turkey hunting. I have never worn a mask, to be honest I would feel stupid wearing one in public. I do used plastic grocery bags over my hands when getting gas..
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 09:28 AM   #4
laredoarcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: SouthTex

Got a warning in Jim Hogg Co. coming back from ranch. Citation read ‘COVID-19 CURFEW.’
laredoarcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 09:29 AM   #5
highspeed
Ten Point

Hunt In: The wilderness where the wild things are doing wild things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
not me or anyone I know....they cant say that you are able to go the store, etc and give tickets....the whole thing is silly that people say they cant go places. a lot of businesses are open, I go somewhere almost every day. Just got back from a 7 hour drive day before yesterday to go turkey hunting. I have never worn a mask, to be honest I would feel stupid wearing one in public. I do used plastic grocery bags over my hands when getting gas..
As a parent with a son that has a compromise immune system, PLEASE don't feel stupid for wearing a mask.
highspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 09:40 AM   #6
breederbuck33
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeed View Post
As a parent with a son that has a compromise immune system, PLEASE don't feel stupid for wearing a mask.
Yup, mask isn't for you as much as it is the people around you.
breederbuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 10:03 AM   #7
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by laredoarcher View Post
Got a warning in Jim Hogg Co. coming back from ranch. Citation read ‘COVID-19 CURFEW.’
might want to frame that one
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 10:22 AM   #8
TxSon1836
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma- Public

I know a few people who have been stopped. Myself included. I didnt have a letter from work but i showed him my Company ID badge and that was good enough. a buddy of mine was stopped and he said he was headed to a grocery store and the officer said ok just remember to keep your distance from people and that was it. no warning or citations given out just verbals
TxSon1836 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 10:34 AM   #9
Louis
Ten Point

Nope. Not in Montgomery county, harris, Polk, sabine or San Augustine counties.
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 10:40 AM   #10
AgHntr10
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where the thieves and poachers roam

Nope. I drive 100 miles round trip for work covering 4 counties and haven't been stopped, actually I see far fewer vehicles stopped and we are driving much faster!

Also spent a few days over at Rayburn during the week and it looked like a Saturday everyday.
AgHntr10 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 10:41 AM   #11
TreyRo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Whitney

Nope, DFW is the wild west on the roads right now. 80MPH average speed during rush hour gets my doors blown off a few times a day in my 64 mile round trip commute.

I have the letter we drafted and a few from our clients that I visit their job sites.
TreyRo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 10:41 AM   #12
EastTexasMan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas - Pop Up blind & Old Mexico

I mean I don't see how they could ticket you if you just say "I'm headed to the grocery store"
EastTexasMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 10:43 AM   #13
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Haven't been pulled over yet and I go and come when I need to. Will continue to do so. If I get pulled over I will roll down my window and fake a severe coughing fit. Maybe even spit on my hands.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 10:54 AM   #14
kaizen
Eight Point

Seems impossible to enforce for local traffic. If your traveling distance and are away form where your home is, I could see where it would be more complicated. Not sure its plausible that I live in Austin but went grocery shopping in Rockport. I saw a youtube video yesterday (Florida fishing channel, I think) where there was a check point headed to Key West to keep tourists out. I cant imagine that would happen here though.
kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 10:58 AM   #15
tazhunter0
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere I can!!!

Coworker has been pulled over and had to show his letter. I haven’t been yet. My work just sent out paperwork that all personnel have to wear a mask at our building no matter what. Most job sites I go during the day, we are also required to wear them.
tazhunter0 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 11:00 AM   #16
Jaybo31
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery County

I drive 105W daily, hot spot for Conroe PD. I have only seen 1 vehicle stopped in 4 weeks. Usually 3 or 4 a day. I think if its not something really bad or dangerous they aren't doing routine stops.

The speed limit is now 65-75 early in the morning

Myself and 2 other trucks passed a CPD at 5:30am at 74mph... never budged. The speed limit is 55
Jaybo31 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 11:37 AM   #17
DPElite
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mexico

Nope been rippin and running every day since it’s all started talk to police all the time and they say nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DPElite is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 12:10 PM   #18
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

Someone please get a copy of the warning citation someone has been issued. By Federal law all stops must be issued a warning to mandate with the racial profiling. Please. Someone get a photo of it. I know LE all over the state. No agency I know of has done anything other than respond to calls when someone dials the magic 911 and makes a complaint. Then they respond and tell them why they are there
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 12:18 PM   #19
Budman68
Ten Point

Kinda getting use to driving 100mph to pick up to go food.
Budman68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 12:27 PM   #20
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

nope
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 12:37 PM   #21
dbaio1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bienville and Jackson Parish Louisiana - Union Community area

Saw motorcycle officer shooting what I believed to be lazer yesterday on I-10 near Bunker Hill. I was running 75 with traffic he didn't flinch.
dbaio1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 12:40 PM   #22
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Someone please get a copy of the warning citation someone has been issued. By Federal law all stops must be issued a warning to mandate with the racial profiling. Please. Someone get a photo of it. I know LE all over the state. No agency I know of has done anything other than respond to calls when someone dials the magic 911 and makes a complaint. Then they respond and tell them why they are there
I saw a clip a week or so ago on the local news where two guys were stopped by county & got citations or warnings as one held it up...crazy thing is they were each in their own vehicle, so not sure what is was about of if someone called??
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 12:45 PM   #23
jlp04c
Eight Point

i have seen news articles of local businesses getting citations for not adhering to shutdown guidelines.. TOTAL BS to have one business that has 10 customers a day shut down, when the business next door can have a bazillion a day and operate normally.
jlp04c is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 12:45 PM   #24
thegrouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wilson and San Saba County

Quote:
Please cite the Federal Law requiring a warning. This is news to me. We have cameras and other ways to document stops besides a warning.
thegrouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 01:33 PM   #25
glen
Pope & Young

It all has to be documented on a racial profiling form of one sort or another. Every contact. Not new. I don’t know of anywhere doing verbal warnings anymore. If so not sure how the Federal mandates are done. We do have the option of more of less filling out the entire warning citation on a computer and not actually handing the person one but I don’t know of any Department or Agency doing this. Maybe I’m wrong.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:36 PM   #26
thegrouse
Pope & Young

Very common around here. No warning citation necessary and I had not heard of any federal mandate on issuing one. The citations here are issued on a misdemeanor citation used for Class Cs with the city or county ordinance number on them.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:40 PM   #27
texan4ut
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can, Terrell County

Nope I am an essential business. If that wanted write a ton of them just have them go the the local Home Depot. I had to pick up a order for landscaping materials for a job. Placed was packed. Shouldn't be anyone in there but essential workers such as contractors, electricians, plumbers, etc. it was packed with people picking out paint, flooring, landscaping stuff none of which looked like they were essential employees.
texan4ut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 02:15 PM   #28
gemini2759
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jim Hogg, public land

Quote:
I'm heading to the lease there tomorrow. Got to check a windmill it's not working properly. We are off farm road 755.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Last edited by gemini2759; 04-17-2020 at 02:18 PM.
gemini2759 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 02:23 PM   #29
hooligan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling Co.

I talked to a local cop and asked if I should print out my essential business letter or just use my phone and he said likely I wouldn't be asked for but I went to UPS today and she said starting tomorrow if you don't have a mask they have to refuse service and you have to leave
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 02:24 PM   #30
JayB
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cass County

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan4ut View Post
Nope I am an essential business. If that wanted write a ton of them just have them go the the local Home Depot. I had to pick up a order for landscaping materials for a job. Placed was packed. Shouldn't be anyone in there but essential workers such as contractors, electricians, plumbers, etc. it was packed with people picking out paint, flooring, landscaping stuff none of which looked like they were essential employees.
It is essential that I complete my home project and the required materials are found at my local HD/Lowes. So, don't think you are gonna be able to get that place to yourself. Going after work today to pick up some more material so I can use the weekend to complete some more projects. So stay away from the Lowes down the road from me if you don't want to see me in there
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 03:27 PM   #31
glen
Pope & Young

Grouse. HR1498 I think. It is about 60 pages of legal stuff. If it’s the one I I’m thinking of it dictates recording race of individuals contacted. I guess a Department could just not do it and when audited loose any grant funded positions or Federal $

Last edited by glen; 04-17-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:38 PM   #32
thegrouse
Pope & Young

Quote:
Grouse. HR1498 I think. It is about 60 pages of legal stuff. If it’s the one I I’m thinking of it dictates recording race of individuals contacted. I guess a Department could just not do it and when audited loose any grant funded positions or Federal $
I just remember the stops had to be documented on a form or on a camera to be in compliance with the state.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:50 PM   #33
Mike
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
It is essential that I complete my home project and the required materials are found at my local HD/Lowes. So, don't think you are gonna be able to get that place to yourself. Going after work today to pick up some more material so I can use the weekend to complete some more projects. So stay away from the Lowes down the road from me if you don't want to see me in there
The point is that HD and Lowes are slammed with non essential customers. Your project may be essential to you but I'm guessing it's not really by the tone of the text. I have seen full bathroom an kitchen remodels taking place now, people sitting down picking out cabinets and granite as well as flooring. A leaky toilet, yes, I get it but picking paint to redo the house, not so much.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 03:53 PM   #34
justletmein
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public lands

I'm reading rumors of a kayaker that got a $500 tick from Kleberg for launching on the beach. It's supposed to be closed to non-residents of Kleberg and Calhoun county but open to residents. That's not me or someone I know though, so FWIW.
justletmein is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 05:19 PM   #35
RattlesnakeDan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by justletmein View Post
I'm reading rumors of a kayaker that got a $500 tick from Kleberg for launching on the beach. It's supposed to be closed to non-residents of Kleberg and Calhoun county but open to residents. That's not me or someone I know though, so FWIW.
We were down there last weekend and they have big signs posted that only local residents are able to use the boat ramp or fishing piers.
RattlesnakeDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 05:28 PM   #36
Rick
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sonora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
The point is that HD and Lowes are slammed with non essential customers. Your project may be essential to you but I'm guessing it's not really by the tone of the text. I have seen full bathroom an kitchen remodels taking place now, people sitting down picking out cabinets and granite as well as flooring. A leaky toilet, yes, I get it but picking paint to redo the house, not so much.
Where has it been communicated Lowes and HD are open only for contractors and essential businesses? They are just open. Anyone that wants to can go.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2020, 06:55 PM   #37
BigL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba, Burnet

Didn't get a citation but had 4 Wilco offers show up to my house for a "noise complaint" and possible party after 11pm on Sunday night. Had heated the hot tub and was out having a drink listening to music waiting on my wife to put the kids to bed and come out to join me. The music was playing through my phone and just loud enough for me to hear over the hot tub. They really didn't say much about the music but more wanted to make sure we weren't having a party.

Oh and I've been to Lowe's a few times. It's not just contractors who can go. Same with the Leslie's pool supply next door that I go to. Both are still open to the public.

A friend sent a pic of the waiting line outside of HD in Austin. He had to wait 30+ min just to get in as they were only allowing so many people in at a time.

Last edited by BigL; 04-17-2020 at 07:02 PM.
BigL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2020, 11:49 PM   #38
AJMag
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SHNF

Quote:
That's dumb. Sid miller has stated all ag as an essential business and our extension office issues a certified letter to any of us that requested one. So i have my proof against curfew for my area(which is moronic to begin with). I went ahead and kept it in the truck for coming home from the lease late at night. But have not had any issues. Seems all political to me.

Sent from my SM-T837A using Tapatalk
AJMag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2020, 11:50 PM   #39
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any where I can

Quote:
I would have been laughing pretty hard at the guy who handed you that one.
RifleBowPistol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-19-2020, 01:11 AM   #40
SCREAMINREELS
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brenham, SHNF

Nope. I drive across a couple counties and during the closed curfew hours for work and honestly haven't seen many pulled over.
SCREAMINREELS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-19-2020, 05:41 AM   #41
Swampa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

No, I’m working everyday. Not doing anything “Stupid” but I’m meeting with people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swampa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top