Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danner Pronghorns

Comment

Like SWS said on the Lacrosse. those suckers get very very hot. even in beautiful weather your feet and legs in the boot will be soaked in sweat. but i wear them when i hunt year round. have had mine 3 years and no issues at all. very comfortable for very long hikes in and out. when its time to retire these boots i will for sure buy lacrosse again.

Comment

had bad luck with danner, leaking and cactus going through, trying red wing next

Comment

Well I was lucky enough to find a pair of Chippewa's on the side of the road that must have fell off of someones truck, trailer, or stv on a trailer. They are in pretty good shape too and the best part was they fit.
          Grits

Comment

Irish Setter Vaprtrek. They feel like a big tactical boot. I like mine a lot, not heavy and comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
              Chippewa here.
              This ^^^^^

Comment

I have a brand new pair of Justin Snake Boots size 8.5 D. $150

Comment

I have some Justin square toe, steel toe, snake boots that I’m very happy with. Have used them for a full hunting season and off season. They are comfortable and holding up well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
                    Danner Pronghorns
                    Same. Side zip and laced for a perfect fit.

I have Justin Stampedes also that are comfortable but I can't get the same fit as the Pronghorns.

Comment

My all time fave was Irish Setter zip ups. Eventually, after wearing year round, they wore out. I tried Chips.... didn't care for them at all.

Bass Pro bayou zip ups are very comfy but break down quickly...every few years. I now have Academy Magellan and they are stiff, but comfortable.

Comment

I am in the market too. Sounds like the danners have of the three things I’m looking for. Zip up and comfort.

How durable are they ????? They will get a LOT of wear. Probably daily, working on my land and at the lease

Comment

For the folks that like Chippewa

Did you have to break them in?

Everyone I know swears by Chippewa but when I've tried them on (in veracious sizes) they didn't feel comfortable.

Comment

I should have added I tried on tons of boots and have always liked the look of chips but none felt right. I went a size or half a size smaller and bam. Perfecto. They are not true to size at all.

Comment

I am on my 2nd pair of waterproof chips. Both 100% waterproof. I personally know 2 guys that were hit by rattlers in them and the boots saved them. Their motto is "The best....by far" and in my opinion they are right on.

Comment

Get the Chippewas when they are on sale at Sierra Trading Post.

Got mine at Christmas and swore I hated them but after doing several spot and stalk pig hunts, they’re real comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X