No announcement yet.

.22 pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Ruger Mk ii, S&W 10 shot, S&W 7 shot, and a 1911 slide replacement. They’ll all the dedicated ones shoot good and the 1911 is a little picky. The 10 shot revolver is awesome, and killed a pig at 40 yards with it. Either way you go they are fun to play with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JB77 View Post
      browning buckmark.
      Probably the best accuracy.

Comment

Don’t overlook a Ruger SR22 or a Bersa Thunder 22 (not the nickel version)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Other than the Walther, this is a solid list.

There are various 1911 style 22 LR pistols as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          My buddy has a Suppressed P22 and it is awesome. Lots of varmints killed with it when dog hunting

Comment

My vote is for the Heritage Manufacturing Rough Rider. I'd spend a little more and get the .22Mag cylinder with it. That's what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              My vote is for the Heritage Manufacturing Rough Rider. I'd spend a little more and get the .22Mag cylinder with it. That's what I did.
              Over the Ruger?

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                Over the Ruger?
                The Ruger is probably a little better quality but I wouldn't say it's much more accurate. I went with the Rough Rider since it didn't costs a whole lot but I haven't ever regretted buying it. I carried it to dispatch critters when I trapped a lot. It's been a heck of a revolver for me. What really sold me on it was it was as close to a Ruger Single-Six that I could afford at the time. I wanted to be able to shoot .22mag if I wanted so I went ahead and got it. It hasn't failed me yet and I've had it for quite a few years now.

I don't think you'll regret buying either one. But I will say one thing about the Rough Rider that I know a lot of people don't like and that is the safety feature that is on it. I never keep the safety on anyway because it's a single action revolver so it's not an issue for me but I know a lot of people do not like that.
                Last edited by okrattler; 04-04-2020, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  The Ruger is probably a little better quality but I wouldn't say it's much more accurate. I went with the Rough Rider since it didn't costs a whole lot but I haven't ever regretted buying it. I carried it to dispatch critters when I trapped a lot. It's been a heck of a revolver for me. What really sold me on it was it was as close to a Ruger Single-Six that I could afford at the time. I wanted to be able to shoot .22mag if I wanted so I went ahead and got it. It hasn't failed me yet and I've had it for quite a few years now.

I don't think you'll regret buying either one. But I will say one thing about the Rough Rider that I know a lot of people don't like and that is the safety feature that is on it. I never keep the safety on anyway because it's a single action revolver so it's not an issue for me but I know a lot of people do not like that.
                  I read some accuracy issues with it in the reviews. I know it’s not meant to be super accurate. I’m still stuck on both I guess I’ll decide here soon. Problem is I want to support a local small business purchasing the Heritage but academy has the Wrangler in stock for only $35 more.

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                    I read some accuracy issues with it in the reviews. I know it’s not meant to be super accurate. I’m still stuck on both I guess I’ll decide here soon. Problem is I want to support a local small business purchasing the Heritage but academy has the Wrangler in stock for only $35 more.
                    Mine has the fixed sights. My furthest kill with it was a skunk at 163 steps. Took 12 shots but I finally hit it. It's a lot more accurate with the .22mag but that's normal for guns meant to shoot both .22lr and .22mag. I hit an armadillo in the head twice at 35 yards not long after I bought my Rough Rider. My brother and a buddy of mine both have a Rough Rider as well and they're both fairly accurate. With some practice you can get good with one. Some models have the adjustable sights which I probably should have went with to improve accuracy. If I had to do it over again I would.

I don't have any first hand experience with the Ruger Wrangler. But I do like Ruger so I'm sure it's a great little revolver as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                      Yep, Ruger.
                      Got that same pistol in a MkIII, with LCI removed and blanked, Vq sear and trigger. Super pistol.

Also have a MkIII 6 7/8" hunter with the same treatment. It has a nikon scope on it.

As my eyes age, i would like to put small reflex sights on both.

as far as i am concerned, the Rugers are hard to beat. The MkIII's are good as the earlier models once you remove the LCI. They are drilled and tapped for a scope as well, may come with a base. And any i have will have the sear and trigger done also.
                      The threaded 22/45's are there if you are considering a suppressor in the future.

Friend has a Beretta Neos, looks futuristic, but performs well for less money than the rugers.

Brownings are good also, just dont have the aftermarket support ruger does.
                      Last edited by double bogey; 04-04-2020, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I have a Ruger MarkII with the 5.5” bull barrel. It is literally a hole in hole gun at 25 yards with a good supported rest.

I can’t tell you the last time it got a good cleaning, but it’s like the Energizer bunny. It just keeps going and going.......,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I really like shooting my Glock 44 and it is very light to carry around the ranch. Ruger 22/45 is my second favorite.22

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                            Mmmm tell us about that rifle!

Comment

Working...
                            X