Box Blind Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
    Yes, they are vertical. I tried to keep them as small as possible though. They are about 8" wide and 14" tall. These blinds are either sitting on the ground or very close to the ground so there isn't any issues with trying to shoot down with the smaller windows. My son has used his crossbow from my blind and I have used both a scoped rifle as well as an open sight lever gun without issue.
    Good to know, I’m trying to figure out what to put underneath it, I don’t want it sitting straight on the ground...

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
      Good to know, I’m trying to figure out what to put underneath it, I don’t want it sitting straight on the ground...
      Mine had been sitting on the ground for years. I put up a fence around my feeder and had to elevate it so I could shoot over the fence. I ended up putting it on treated 4x4 posts sitting on concrete blocks. It sits about 18" off the ground now. Unfortunately I don't have a picture.

Comment

Do it all the time now
        [ATTACH]997617[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by 2BigMethod View Post
          Do it all the time now
          [ATTACH]997617[/ATTACH]
          Those look great! Would you mind sharing the plans for box blind? I am needing to build one for next season. I would appreciate any help from a solid design. Thanks!

Comment

I have always hunted from a tree or a pop up blind, but do any of y’all bow hunt from box blinds?
            After my last motorcycle ride on 09 Jun 2017, it has left me to rely on Crossbow so the rifle window works fine

Comment

If you build one ( or remodel) put some removable rifle rests in those vertical windows for him.
              I highly recommend putting it soffit vents near the top ( with screens for wasps) and always place your blind in afternoon shade. Have used battery fans too.

BP

Comment

I have a Dillon and a Texas Deer Blind bow blind n love em. I bought some battery powered fans and use a redneck ac made from an old igloo cooler and it works great in the early season when it's hot

Comment

I really like the looks of these that Bodey made a few years back

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
                    I have three that I hunt out of. Two are single story and one is a two story. The deer don’t pay much attention to them and I get deer every year.
                    Your blinds are cool Mark, in more ways than one !

Comment

Originally posted by 2BigMethod View Post
                      Do it all the time now
                      [ATTACH]997617[/ATTACH]
                      These are awesome!!!!! Really impressive.

Comment

Too old and fat to do it any other way these days........Built them myself with take down walls......although the first one has been sitting in the same place for 11 years. No more climbing trees for me..

Click image for larger version

Name:	00Seismic blind updated1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	24613024

Name:	00Traverse01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	24613025

Name:	00 Slacker deer View 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	24613026

Name:	000Slacker view.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	24613027
                        Last edited by Smart; 03-30-2020, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          If it is designed specifically for bow hunting they work great - either homemade or store bought. There have been lots of them in the DIY. Only downside is they can be brutally hot in the early season
                          This

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Too old and fat to do it any other way these days........Built them myself with take down walls......although the first one has been sitting in the same place for 11 years. No more climbing trees for me..

[ATTACH]997640[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]997641[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]997642[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]997643[/ATTACH]
                            Smart, those are flush on the ground correct? Is there no rot from sitting flush?

Comment

Smart, those are flush on the ground correct? Is there no rot from sitting flush?

They are both sitting on five 4"x8"x16" concrete blocks so there is zero ground contact. 1 in each corner and one in the center. The floor frames are treated 2x6s and are still solid. To my knowledge there is no rot. I obviously can't get up underneath them to check the centers but I can see the outside frame boards and the floors are still solid for a big ol boy walking in them.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhntr View Post
                                those look great! Would you mind sharing the plans for box blind? I am needing to build one for next season. I would appreciate any help from a solid design. Thanks!
                                pm'd you

Comment

Working...
                                X