Box Blind Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box Blind Question

I have always hunted from a tree or a pop up blind, but do any of y’all bow hunt from box blinds?

Yes, my wife and I both bow hunt from box blinds.

Comment

If it is designed specifically for bow hunting they work great - either homemade or store bought. There have been lots of them in the DIY. Only downside is they can be brutally hot in the early season

Comment

I bow hunt from a Krivoblind. It is almost impossible to hunt from a rifle designed box blind unless you have enough room to draw and the windows are situated for the correct shooting angles. Normal bowhunting box blinds have vertical windows.

Comment

wife and I both hunt from homemade box blinds.....6x6, 7 tall.....1 vertical window in each side except door side, windows 1x3....cut sight windows in corners as needed....carpet and a small battery fan

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            If it is designed specifically for bow hunting they work great - either homemade or store bought. There have been lots of them in the DIY. Only downside is they can be brutally hot in the early season
            X2 on the brutally hot. It’s hard to be happy when sweat is running down your boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              I bow hunt from a Krivoblind. It is almost impossible to hunt from a rifle designed box blind unless you have enough room to draw and the windows are situated for the correct shooting angles. Normal bowhunting box blinds have vertical windows.
              This is what I am worried about, because I am having it made for my son to shoot out of but I’d also like to bow hunt out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                Yes, my wife and I both bow hunt from box blinds.
                Are the windows vertical?

Comment

I’m building one now about a bunch of scrap wood. I went way big with 8 x 8. 12 x 36” on the windows. Framing in a few 12 x 24” windows in case we want them later. Building mine for Oklahoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

I’m building one now about a bunch of scrap wood. I went way big with 8 x 8. 12 x 36” on the windows. Framing in a few 12 x 24” windows in case we want them later. Building mine for Oklahoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Oh man that is a hoss!!!!

Comment

I built one a couple years ago and had a thread on here. Nothing real fancy but definitely works. I tig welded the frame out of 1" light gauge square tubing and used ceder fence pickets to go around it and for the roof. I caulked it all in side and put 30 year vinyl on the roof. It works great and lots of critters have died from it lol.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                        I built one a couple years ago and had a thread on here. Nothing real fancy but definitely works. I tig welded the frame out of 1" light gauge square tubing and used ceder fence pickets to go around it and for the roof. I caulked it all in side and put 30 year vinyl on the roof. It works great and lots of critters have died from it lol.
                        Goodness that’s nice, I guess you could bow hunt and rifle hunt in it???

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                          Goodness that’s nice, I guess you could bow hunt and rifle hunt in it???
                          Yes sir you could bow or rifle hunt. It will be for sale in month or two on here along with a bunch of other hunting/lease related stuff I got. It sits on the ground on a 5x5 wooden platform up on cinder blocks. Im getting off my lease and gonna get rid of it all.

Comment

I have three that I hunt out of. Two are single story and one is a two story. The deer don’t pay much attention to them and I get deer every year.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                              Are the windows vertical?
                              Yes, they are vertical. I tried to keep them as small as possible though. They are about 8" wide and 14" tall. These blinds are either sitting on the ground or very close to the ground so there isn't any issues with trying to shoot down with the smaller windows. My son has used his crossbow from my blind and I have used both a scoped rifle as well as an open sight lever gun without issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X